iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
So, while trying to unlink my YouTube channel from my Google+ page so that I could link it to my personal page I managed to delete my Youtube channel. I have no idea how I did it, whether I will be able to get it back (I have already contacted Youtube) and what I am going to do regarding my partnership with Freedom.

I have no intentions of leaving Freedom, I had no intentions of deleting my channel either but it seems that I have. As you can imagine, I am devastated and preying to the Gods of Tech that I can get my channel back.

If I am unable to do this and have to start again, my question is, how do I stand with The Freedom Network?

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
That's really sad news, I hope you can resolve the situation. You will still be a Freedom! partner but you will not make any money or have any channels linked to your Freedom! account as you have unfortunately deleted your channel (unless you have more channels). However, don't take my word for it as I am not staff so you should post this in the support section of the forums or open a ticket at support.tm

Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I have seen quite a few people do, the way that the channel is tied in with your google account is really stupid. This link may help you out https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/USMzdiDFDKE make sure you act on it fast though.

You may be automatically removed from the network. If you do get your channel back go to your youtube features page and make sure that it still shows network Freedom!, if not you can always contact support and they will add you back in. Main thing is try to get your YouTube account back.

Good luck with it!

Upvote 0

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
When starting off a channel NEVER PUT IT ON A PERSONAL PAGE. I know heaps and heaps of people who do that. Instead click on use a brand name.

You could've moved the channel to a Google plus page.
I can give you the YouTube support email in a conversation since you can't access your channel to email them. I have sent it to you.

Upvote 0

iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
Thanks guys, Showcase one media, I had emailed the address you advised earlier yesterday and was told that once a channel is deleted, especially within the Youtube framework, there is nothing anyone can do, even YouTube tech (though, they probably could). I have started over from scratch with a brand new channel.
I will be checking to see if I am still a Freedom Partner now that I am all up and running again, I think I am as I still have access to the Freedom dashboard from my Youtube dashboard but I will have to do further checks.

Cool thing was, I made a tweet this morning giving my channels new url and saying that I was back again, within 2 hours I had 3 new subscribers before I had even uploaded a single video :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.