[DEBATE] - Are Violent Video Games too Violent?

MrCyanGaming

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
YouTube
The forums need a Debate Tower or something, haha

Some may argue that violent video games are making people more violent, If they were banned the world would be a better place free of violence? No more murders or crimes inspired by what's seen in a video game, if you can get away scot free in a video game, surely the same would apply to a real life scenario. Maybe require violent video games to have a warning before start up "Actions performed in game may not yield the same results if mimicked in real life and are not encouraged".

On the other hand you may argue that violent video games reduce violence in real life. People who may have committed a crime if violent video games didn't exist, would now have something else to to take their anger(or anything else) out on. Violent video games. In this case violent video games are beneficial and are just really fun to play, it'd be a shame to see them go

What are your guys opinions? Leave a Comment down below!
Join the Debate :)

GwakPlays

Rising User
Jul 27, 2016
YouTube
GwakPlays
The forums need a Debate Tower or something, haha

Some may argue that violent video games are making people more violent, If they were banned the world would be a better place free of violence? No more murders or crimes inspired by what's seen in a video game, if you can get away scot free in a video game, surely the same would apply to a real life scenario. Maybe require violent video games to have a warning before start up "Actions performed in game may not yield the same results if mimicked in real life and are not encouraged".

On the other hand you may argue that violent video games reduce violence in real life. People who may have committed a crime if violent video games didn't exist, would now have something else to to take their anger(or anything else) out on. Violent video games. In this case violent video games are beneficial and are just really fun to play, it'd be a shame to see them go

What are your guys opinions? Leave a Comment down below!
Join the Debate :)
No

EliTheGamer51

New User
Freedom! Member
It is just a video game.It is not real life.There are terrible violent things happening in the real world right now.At the end of the day its just a game

Honestly no lol - at the end of the day it's a video game not real life.

I agree, it's just a game. I play violent games all the time. TBH this post is kinda childish. Violent video games have a ESRB rating for a reason.

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
Terrible things happen in the real world, but that is just life. Bad stuff can happen out of nowhere.

I agree - media will always try and put some crimes down to video games but let's be honest if video games didn't exist there would still be violence

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
Dude Violent Video Games Are Fine As Long As You Enjoy It! I Enjoy Alot Of Games So My Channel Doesn't Stick With One Game!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Video games are something that is caused in a virtual world, that there are people that can't see the difference between reality and virtual is not the problem of the game industry.
Even without violence in games people will still do acts of violence as this is also happening regardless of inspiration from a game.
In some cases it is due to a Movie and in some cases just blind anger that makes people do things like this.

Reactions: EliTheGamer51

MikeatMidnight

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2016
California
www.youtube.com
YouTube
There's also been a lot of scientific studies done that show no real correlation between violent games and violent behavior, and the few that do show any correlation state that violent video games are merely a factor, and not a direct cause, to some violent behavior.

EliTheGamer51

New User
Freedom! Member
Video games are something that is caused in a virtual world, that there are people that can't see the difference between reality and virtual is not the problem of the game industry.
Even without violence in games people will still do acts of violence as this is also happening regardless of inspiration from a game.
In some cases it is due to a Movie and in some cases just blind anger that makes people do things like this.
There's also been a lot of scientific studies done that show no real correlation between violent games and violent behavior, and the few that do show any correlation state that violent video games are merely a factor, and not a direct cause, to some violent behavior.
Yes, even though if violent video games were banned and removed from the world, humans would figure out what happens when they use knives, guns, and other stuff just by them selves. And yes, games are in a Virtual World, not in the real world. Like I said, everyday, some sort of violence happens.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I don't think that by banning video games the world as a whole would become less violent. I know its all up to the individuals but the majority of the population can play violent videos games with no issues, and can be some of the nicest and caring people you will ever meet they just play them as a way to de-stress. Owing to the media attention that always surrounds high profile games such as GTA and Manhunt to name just two, people will always look to scapegoat their actions and blame it on other influences.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
VR is gonna bring this whole thing up again.
Brings everything to a whole different level...

No longer is your character diing or killing on a screen... You are diing... You are shooting, stabbing, slicing, and teleporting to victory. Its pretty intense...

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
Nah. It's not too violent. Only thing I'd be careful about is some triggering contents like self harming, or killing innocent people like in MW2 you massacre people in the airport, and other stuff you know? Those are just my thoughts, but honestly I've been playing violent games since when I was a child. Like 7 years old or something. Played mostly M-rated games in my life and I'm perfectly fine. I know what is right and wrong. And yeah I wish for peace too in life, since there is so many bad thing happening all around us.

Anyways, back on the topic... games are perfectly fine. I think of it like an action movie, but you're taking control in it. To me it's more of a content that kind of triggers some people. That's why there is an outrage about it. But if you think video games are getting too violent, then what about movies?

I do wish games start becoming more of a game and not cinematic movies nowadays though *rolls eyes* (facepalm)

AchilleanOfficial

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
www.youtube.com
This is a tricky situation. The media constantly uses video games as a scapegoat for real life violence, suggesting that there is a substantial link between the two. For example, when Adam Lanza murdered innocent people at Sandy Hook, the media suggested that one of the contributing factors to his murder spree was the fact he played violent video games. However, after personal investigation, he had pre-existing psychological issues. For example, it is believed by his parents that he had diagnosed schizophrenia, which may have actually contributed to his irrational behaviour and actions.

This raises an interesting perspective. Is it actually due to video games that these issues arise, or is it more due to pre-existing psychological issues that are hidden from the view of others by the perpetrators? That, is up to you to decide.

I'm not stating that video games do not cause violence, but tell me. Why is it that as the number of video game sales increases, why has the amount of crime and violence hasn't increased, but it's actually decreased in recent years?

All in all, I feel that video games do not have a major connection to real life violence, and that the opposing argument is nothing more than sugarcoated sophistry.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
first of all: crime wil always exist and that's not because of games. otherwise there was no war back in the ages. and we don't get violent because of the game but because something happen in the game and most of the time it's on multiplayer and that doesn't even matter wich game it is. even it's a game like poker. do I even need to say more?