Other Milestone Dear YouTube, you are expensive.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I've detailed the specific items in my signature, but left the specific value of the items out since it changes all the time. I used the amount I paid for the individual items.
From the computer I use to edit and play games on, to the camera, mic, tripod, and lighting setup that I use for my regular vlogs, I've spent a total [as of yesterday] of over $5000 on the YCCE. It feels like an investment and a goalpost at the same time. I'd like to thank my reckless spending habits for helping me get this far!

Reactions: rebmocam

Nathan Jenkins (Nath042)

Rising User
Freedom! Member
that is a beast setup.. I haven't really kept track of how much I've spent but I can imagine its not as much as that.. With the blue yeti, do you need to edit vocals? I find with my XLR mic I collect a lot of background noise.. although I'm not sure if that's because i don't speak loud enough.

Reading Zone TV

New User
May 7, 2016
Southern California
YouTube
I Just started and so far I use my Iphone 6 plus to record but I'm broke. My goal is to buy a DSLR camera after I reach 1,000 subscribers (but that won't happen any time soon). But right now, I am considering on purchasing a high quality microphone.
Any suggestions?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
that is a beast setup.. I haven't really kept track of how much I've spent but I can imagine its not as much as that.. With the blue yeti, do you need to edit vocals? I find with my XLR mic I collect a lot of background noise.. although I'm not sure if that's because i don't speak loud enough.
The Yeti picks up background sound, alot of it, it's a very sensitive mic. Although dropping the gain can fix this, editing the audio to better treble and bass tones helps it quite a bit.

Anthomnia

Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
The Yeti picks up background sound, alot of it, it's a very sensitive mic. Although dropping the gain can fix this, editing the audio to better treble and bass tones helps it quite a bit.

I'm running with a Blue Spark + Pop filter and custom shock mount and a Yamaha MG10XU

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
I've detailed the specific items in my signature, but left the specific value of the items out since it changes all the time. I used the amount I paid for the individual items.
From the computer I use to edit and play games on, to the camera, mic, tripod, and lighting setup that I use for my regular vlogs, I've spent a total [as of yesterday] of over $5000 on the YCCE. It feels like an investment and a goalpost at the same time. I'd like to thank my reckless spending habits for helping me get this far!
I know the feeling my Yeti gets background static too.
And Sony Vegas Pro 13/Adobe Auditions was pretty expensive
And the very very expensive graphics card
I think I have spent about the same amount as you