Tips & Tricks Dealing with Trolls?

Prandall

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
So I think I have my first hater/troll. Someone has gone back and disliked my last 20 videos. Each time a new one uploads there's almost an immediate dislike. I can only imagine it's the same person, because it's like they're just waiting to hit the button.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but when I have such low view/subscriber/like counts it's discouraging to see consistent dislikes.

I was hoping to have a loyal fanbase before I had to start dealing with haters.

It just makes me feel like the only people paying attention to my content are people that don't like it, ya know?

Does anyone else deal with stuff like this?

Should I even worry about dislikes on my videos and does it really affect me?

Reactions: Zurhv

Zurhv

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
So I think I have my first hater/troll. Someone has gone back and disliked my last 20 videos. Each time a new one uploads there's almost an immediate dislike. I can only imagine it's the same person, because it's like they're just waiting to hit the button.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but when I have such low view/subscriber/like counts it's discouraging to see consistent dislikes.

It just makes me feel like the only people paying attention to my content are people that don't like it, ya know?

I have the same problem! Half of my videos have 1 dislike... :/

Reactions: Prandall

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

Strange as it may sound gaining likes/dislikes actually helps in going up the ranks. I can relate to the feeling of gaining a dislike but don't let it get you! Along your career things like this will happen, i have had it once where a video fot dislike bombed and recieved 15 dislikes in 5 min. Sure i was annoyed and hid the like/dislike option from view and after it never happened again thus far. I get a dislike once in a while but it also works motivating to make the content even better. There will always be people who dislike content but there are also alot who like it so it keeps the balance ;)

LifeWithjason

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
don't worry about it mate. people in general are quite dooshy and there are people at there that do this.....
just think in reality a dislike ranks your videos in the same way a like does, any interaction = good.

people may click off your video early if it has a bad like/dislike ratio but it seems like you just have one guy doing it :/

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
It sort of bothers me slightly when someone dislikes one of my videos, but then I look at that and go "Well, maybe I could make this video better somehow..."

but in your case, it sounds like they're just trying to mess with you. I wouldn't take that personally then. Just ignore them. With having a small fanbase myself, I mainly go by views.

Ross L Designs

Respected User
May 15, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I would say my best advice is to ignore them, this may seem hard as it can be quite irritating and disheartening to see someone thumb down videos but most of the time trolls want a reaction and if you give it to them then they got what they wanted. Some people who dislike bot as well are most likely jealous of your content, don't let it tilt you though.

Just carry on doing what your doing and have fun :)

Reactions: KNSMTV4

WeirdNathan

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 3, 2015
YouTube
There will always be haters and trolls, I had a similar situation and I just ignored it. At the end of the day I enjoy making playing games and making videos, Now I occasionally get a dislike but I always get 2-3 maybe 4 likes on a video and to me that is what counts. I don't care who dislikes the videos I make because I make them for the people that enjoy watching them. Why focus on the hate when you can focus on what's important.