"Critics" really bother me.

YibbyKing

Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2015
YouTube
I see the same old story of countless people calling themselves "critics" when they don't have any experience in the film industry/don't even know what goes into making a story/artistic appeal. More and more the movies critics seem to adore, in my opinion turn out to be the worst film I've seen that month. While other films they completely slander were amazing. If filmmaking is a form of art why are people not respecting the fact of beauty is within the eye of the beholder. If they think they can do/know better why don't they make the next hit movie?

cocche

(Ex) King of Pizza
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2014
Italy
YouTube
I see the same old story of countless people calling themselves "critics" when they don't have any experience in the film industry/don't even know what goes into making a story/artistic appeal. More and more the movies critics seem to adore, in my opinion turn out to be the worst film I've seen that month. While other films they completely slander were amazing. If filmmaking is a form of art why are people not respecting the fact of beauty is within the eye of the beholder. If they think they can do/know better why don't they make the next hit movie?
I never read critics when I go to see a movie, it's better to have a clean mind to make your own opinion about the movie (imo)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Any one can be a critic, it all comes down to a persons opinion. At the end of the day, as you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I have never let a critics view of a film dissuade me from seeing something I wanted to.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I totally ignore film critics cause they usually dont like the movies I like. And I hate the movies they like... So...
Basically I hear theyre critic... and do the opposite...