Creating Music

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Does anyone have experience with music composing in FL Studio and stuff like that? How hard is it to get into? Obviously not expecting to be Kevin Macleod in a week but it's something I've wanted to try for a while now

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I've heard from people that it's not that hard to get into (especially with tutorials and stuff being a thing nowadays), though it has to be your thing. I tried that stuff a while ago and didn't have much luck.

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I've heard from people that it's not that hard to get into (especially with tutorials and stuff being a thing nowadays), though it has to be your thing. I tried that stuff a while ago and didn't have much luck.

I'll be sure to keep trying it. Really getting into making music lately

StringStorm

Freedom! Member
Jul 15, 2015
stringstorm.info
YouTube
All DAWs function the same aside on how you operate them.

Regardless of how steep the learning curve of FL Studio is or whatever DAW you have right now, it has to conform to how you operate. If you find it difficult on FLS to go from point A to point B on your first time using it, then its not for you. Besides, there's plenty of DAWs out there, some of them I find far simpler and cheaper even after using FLS for many, many years.

At the end, the most important things in making music after getting a DAW is high quality libraries and VSTs and that you feel comfortable navigating that DAW.