cpu issues

Dread Thor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 26, 2015
Illinois
YouTube
i have an i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50GHz with 16gs of ram and for some reason when i stream my cpu peeks at 100% what can i do to stop that? I am running windows 10, obs is my streaming software. I really could use the help cause it is messing with my recordings for my YouTube channel. any help at all would be appreciated.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
i have an i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50GHz with 16gs of ram and for some reason when i stream my cpu peeks at 100% what can i do to stop that? I am running windows 10, obs is my streaming software. I really could use the help cause it is messing with my recordings for my YouTube channel. any help at all would be appreciated.
What are your stream settings? I need all the details about Encoding, Video Resolution, and what the Advanced tab says.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

Reactions: dandruff

Dread Thor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 26, 2015
Illinois
YouTube

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Reactions: dandruff

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
windows update has been known to pull a lot of resources from your CPU and not show you anything is going on, especially with the way that microsoft has been rolling out update for windows 10. it could be that. not completely sure but the last time this happened to me was because i was downloading windows 10 and didnt know it.

Dread Thor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 26, 2015
Illinois
YouTube
It looks like OBS Isn't the issue, I'd recommend checking out your windows task manager, and seeing what is taking up all of your CPU Resources when you stream. Let me know what it is.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom
I have a video i recorded with cpu usage being used while playing paladins would that be helpful?

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
holy bejeebus!!!

run a virus scan, malware check, you got a worm or something eating up your cpu. if that doesnt fix it you may have to reformat. i know its a pain in the ass but its a sure fire way of getting rid of all that crap. be sure to never visit sites you dont know and dont update programs unless you need to update them.