TheMisterExplorer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2015
themisterexplorer.tk
YouTube
TheMsExp
Hello Freedom!
I posted a video on my channel and its sais i use a copyrighted music called : Sleigh Ride (Christmas Song) - The Ronettes

But i use a remix of this song (witch i get here: https://soundcloud.com/officialtrapparty/ronettes-sleigh-bells-phatcap-remix) witch i am allowed to use

So my question is what i do did i remove the song or did i open a dispute?

And if i open a dispute what i have to select from here? (i gave credit in the video)
I believe that this copyright claim is not valid, because:
I own the CD/DVD or bought the song online.

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

I have a licence or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.[DOUBLEPOST=1450017380][/DOUBLEPOST]Another thing i put the video in private for now

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
A "remix" does not mean you can use it, the person who made a remix can only keep it for himself with the fair use law, unless he has a license for it which says that it can be publicly used.

A "remix" is still protected by the copyright of the original song which you need permissions to use.

Reactions: TheMisterExplorer
Upvote 0

TheMisterExplorer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2015
themisterexplorer.tk
YouTube
TheMsExp
A "remix" does not mean you can use it, the person who made a remix can only keep it for himself with the fair use law, unless he has a license for it which says that it can be publicly used.

A "remix" is still protected by the copyright of the original song which you need permissions to use.
ohh allright thank you so i should remove the song right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.