Status
Not open for further replies.

MDavisTV

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 22, 2017
YouTube
MDavissTV
So I got a copyright on one of my videos and the other day the copyright strike was taken off but I didn't get any of the monetization on the video and it is one of my most viewed videos, So I wasn't sure where the monitization went, anything will help.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I found the following out from a support page which may be helpful to you : -
"Monetization during Content ID disputes is enabled when both the video creator and the Content ID claimant want to monetize the video. You can dispute a Content ID claim at any time. If you choose to dispute within the first 5 days of receiving it, we will hold revenue generated on that video from the first day the Content ID claim was placed. If you choose to dispute a Content ID claim after 5 days of the original claim, we will start holding the revenue on the date the dispute is made.

Throughout the dispute process, we'll hold the revenue separately and, once the dispute is resolved, we'll pay it out to the appropriate party."

Don't forget that the revenue that you see via the YouTube dashboard is only estimated and can change throughout the month, as just because you had loads of views on the video doesn't automatically mean you would be making loads of revenue, as only monetised views count. Some of your views may not have been viewing for the time to count as a 'monetised view', and so others may have been using adblockers so they didn't see advertisements on the video, and as such these wouldn't count towards revenue either

Reactions: OnlyUltimate
Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
So I got a copyright on one of my videos and the other day the copyright strike was taken off but I didn't get any of the monetization on the video and it is one of my most viewed videos, So I wasn't sure where the monitization went, anything will help.
Is the video still claimed? You can check that in the video manager of your YouTube Dashboard and see if monetisation is enabled. If it's claimed you can appeal the claim. I have a guide about that here: https://freedom.community.tm/threads/content-id-match-and-copyright-strikes-guide.217401/

Upvote 0

MDavisTV

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 22, 2017
YouTube
MDavissTV
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.