Copyright Striked For A Dumb Reason

TheDiamondWilliam

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
So basically, I got copyrighted by someone by the name "PsycheFX - Quit" who made my intro. Like seriously, he copyrighted the intro he MADE me. He just wasted his time making it but I also got the copyright strike :/
The reason he copyrighted it is because I removed him on Skype. Yes, removed him on SKYPE, that's why he copyrighted the intro! I was annoyed by how he was acting, adding me to a group and then removing from the group several times as soon as I type something.
Proof: https://gyazo.com/1ff638115b5896349f1fbd8b29cd5b8d
I'm sad :(
I got a strike for a dumb reason!

Reactions: Fatal Beauty

POPPED CULTURE

New User
Aug 10, 2016
AN Actual stike or one of those, you can dispute it for a month BS things? ive had my channel going for 2 months now and i've been hit 4 times, each one i appealed and got taken off. 3 were from FOX

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I'm also curious. We are talking about a legitimate strike? One of those things where youtube makes you go to copyright school and then the strike goes away in 3 months? (Used to be 6)

Or are you talking about a simple claim that just sends the ad revenue to the claiming party?

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
try your best to get contact with freedom and youtube itself. and tell them about it and prove it's your intro. you can prove for example: looking at the dates when they got online. and you can also show that screenshot to them. then he get the strike and yours wil be removed

TheDiamondWilliam

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
I'm also curious. We are talking about a legitimate strike? One of those things where youtube makes you go to copyright school and then the strike goes away in 3 months? (Used to be 6)

Or are you talking about a simple claim that just sends the ad revenue to the claiming party?
yes it's an actual strike that we have to wait 3 months!

TheDiamondWilliam

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
try your best to get contact with freedom and youtube itself. and tell them about it and prove it's your intro. you can prove for example: looking at the dates when they got online. and you can also show that screenshot to them. then he get the strike and yours wil be removed
i tried but youtube just replies by bots

TheDiamondWilliam

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
If you have it in writing that he made the intro for you to be used with monetizing then technically that's a false claim. YouTube usually sides with the original content creator though and probably isn't worth the effort...
yes, i was able to monetize videos using that intro. but i keep saying that as a copyright counter notification and all i get is "please leave more information" and etc.. nothing more nothing less and in addition, i cannot reply to their email otherwise it would say "email failed to get sent" or something along that line.

TheDiamondWilliam

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
I suggest contacting the person, and try to settle this issue since this is a personal problem. If that doesn't work just fund a new intro.
got a new intro, contacted the owner, he wouldn't agree to retract the claim. He wanted a deal of an intro battle and if i win he'll retract the claim but, why would i order intro? cuz idk how to make a good one.. yet it asks for a battle so i said i'd rather wait till it expires

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Technically since he made the intro, he holds the copyrights to the intro. If you have a contract or in writing where he releases or gives you all rights to use the intro, then the copyright is incorrect. But if he never gave it in writing, the copyright claim is justified.