Solved copyright on videogames and a little help on my vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queivideogamersdisperati

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2016
YouTube
Hey there! As i said in title, i'm having a little issue with copyright.
i'll explain this quickly, i would like to upload some rocksmith videos(like this one
). I DO NOT WANT to monetize them, as i perfectly know that songs are copyrighted, even tho i got some not listed vids that are locked for mobile phones or restricted to certain countries only. how to avoid that(if there's a way)? i dont really think i can play that kind of game without incurring in copyright ofc, but i would love to have it avaiable on all resources and countries. same song seems not locked on other channels i found and i can even see them on my phone so i guess there *should* be a way.

i also want to ask if someone can help with a little rendering prob i got. same vid i linked, last 6-7 seconds it flickers a lot, and every video i render somehow now has this problem, im using Vegas and never happened since that rocksmith vid.

any help will be kindly appreciated!

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hello

The reason you are still getting copyrighted is because you are still using Copyrighted songs, and if they restrict the song in certain areas, it is because it obviously is not meant to be played to those countries. It does not matter if you want to or not want to monetize, you will still get copyrighted, if they are just notices, you are fine, but if you are striked, you have the potential to become suspended if you total 3.

Looking at a checklist, it could be classed as "fair use" (Please correct me if wrong) as this content is a non-profitable video that you have lawfully purchased the copy of the original work, or in this case, the game.
For a list of fair use rules, check this - https://copyright.columbia.edu/content/dam/copyright/Precedent Docs/fairusechecklist.pdf

Also, you are apparently using this for monetization purposes or I would not have been shown an ad.

The flickering thing, could be your recording device glitching, but I cannot help you with that.

Upvote 0

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
In regards to the claiming of the video due to copyrighted material, the only way to avoid it is to not use it. There is no magic work around.

As for the rendering, I do not know, could be due to too many layers or just the settings used, so fiddle around with it.

Upvote 0

Queivideogamersdisperati

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2016
YouTube
Hello

The reason you are still getting copyrighted is because you are still using Copyrighted songs, and if they restrict the song in certain areas, it is because it obviously is not meant to be played to those countries. It does not matter if you want to or not want to monetize, you will still get copyrighted, if they are just notices, you are fine, but if you are striked, you have the potential to become suspended if you total 3.

Looking at a checklist, it could be classed as "fair use" (Please correct me if wrong) as this content is a non-profitable video that you have lawfully purchased the copy of the original work, or in this case, the game.
For a list of fair use rules, check this - https://copyright.columbia.edu/content/dam/copyright/Precedent Docs/fairusechecklist.pdf

Also, you are apparently using this for monetization purposes or I would not have been shown an ad.

The flickering thing, could be your recording device glitching, but I cannot help you with that.
i am actually not trying to monetize those videos as im aware that i wouldn't be allowed to do it anyway.
i had another channel where i was uploading cover songs and sometimes i was able to get around a claim with the fair use policy, but took a lot of time and wasnt working for all the videos, and yes, one time i got a red strike even if i wasnt monetizing or getting *any* profit from the video itself.
as i've seen if i click on the copyright claim, i can contest that claim with the option 'fair use', what are the consequences of that? thx btw for your help, appreciate :D

anyway, solved the flickering problem, was just a bad setting in vegas.

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
i am actually not trying to monetize those videos as im aware that i wouldn't be allowed to do it anyway.
i had another channel where i was uploading cover songs and sometimes i was able to get around a claim with the fair use policy, but took a lot of time and wasnt working for all the videos, and yes, one time i got a red strike even if i wasnt monetizing or getting *any* profit from the video itself.
as i've seen if i click on the copyright claim, i can contest that claim with the option 'fair use', what are the consequences of that? thx btw for your help, appreciate :D

anyway, solved the flickering problem, was just a bad setting in vegas.

By contesting their claim, the claim would be lifted for the time that dispute is in action, and they are required to answer within 30 days or the claim is removed. However if they deny the contestation, you will be stuck with the claim unless you go even further (Only if you are sure you legally have a right to use it, no ifs, or buts) - which is by appealing, however if this is denied, you will be instantly struck and you will be two strikes away from suspension. (In that 3 month period)

Upvote 0

Queivideogamersdisperati

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2016
YouTube
That is true, but it really depends on what the claim says, which I do not have access to.
atm i got one video that is not allowed to show on mobiles phones, and germany(for some unknown reasons lol)
means i can actually upload it without any issue but it wont be shown in germany and for ppl who will try to watch that video on any mobile device(sadly also tablets and stuff are considered as a mobile platform).
i just want to make it public and avaiable for every device and country, but i guess that is depending on the claim(its the normal blue claim) .
anyway, just created a new topic in youtube support forum, lets see if there's a fix for that.
the thing i dont get is how other channel with same game-same song can show the vid on all platforms without any issue and i can't, if they are allowed i should be able too

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
atm i got one video that is not allowed to show on mobiles phones, and germany(for some unknown reasons lol)
means i can actually upload it without any issue but it wont be shown in germany and for ppl who will try to watch that video on any mobile device(sadly also tablets and stuff are considered as a mobile platform).
i just want to make it public and avaiable for every device and country, but i guess that is depending on the claim(its the normal blue claim) .
anyway, just created a new topic in youtube support forum, lets see if there's a fix for that.
the thing i dont get is how other channel with same game-same song can show the vid on all platforms without any issue and i can't, if they are allowed i should be able too

Unfortunately as copyright goes, and you are using copyrighted material that the owner obviously does not want distributed by others, It's either to not play copyrighted content or agree to the claim, however you can keep searching. To be personal, I haven't seen the block on mobile devices at all, mine or others.

Upvote 0

Queivideogamersdisperati

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2016
YouTube
Unfortunately as copyright goes, and you are using copyrighted material that the owner obviously does not want distributed by others, It's either to not play copyrighted content or agree to the claim, however you can keep searching. To be personal, I haven't seen the block on mobile devices at all, mine or others.
update: fixed, i've contested the claim as a guy in yt forum suggested, not even 3-4 hr and vid is up for all devices and no restrictions as it got accepted.
claimed as fair use and now still got copyright claim(ofc) but no more restrictions ^^
prob yt is just checking for sound match without really recognizing if its a game soundtrack or whatever..
anyway, thanks for replies and info, you were really useful and helpful (y) (Y)

Reactions: stevicity
Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
update: fixed, i've contested the claim as a guy in yt forum suggested, not even 3-4 hr and vid is up for all devices and no restrictions as it got accepted.
claimed as fair use and now still got copyright claim(ofc) but no more restrictions ^^
prob yt is just checking for sound match without really recognizing if its a game soundtrack or whatever..

Nice to hear, do remember if you make any more videos like this, you may get more claims, and therefore you would need to go through the dispute process, but some do not remove them straight away.

Upvote 0

stevicity

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
Great Britain
citrus.xyz
YouTube
Glad it's solved and that we can restore some faith back into YouTube.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.