Status
Not open for further replies.

aweblade4

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 15, 2014
Arvada, CO
YouTube
So yesterday afternoon I was streaming All Episodes of Life is Strange as a Marathon, I promised my fans this, But after that I go to sleep and wake up and get an email saying I have 10 copyright claims on the video after streaming. They were all part of the music in the game, and I was indeed commentating, so what exactly do I do? Can I really fight 10 claims at once?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
So yesterday afternoon I was streaming All Episodes of Life is Strange as a Marathon, I promised my fans this, But after that I go to sleep and wake up and get an email saying I have 10 copyright claims on the video after streaming. They were all part of the music in the game, and I was indeed commentating, so what exactly do I do? Can I really fight 10 claims at once?
Well 3rd party claims aren't as big of a deal, it just means you can't monetize the stream. I wouldn't even try to fight it, that would mean contacting the claimants for those 10 music pieces and asking them to lift it, which they have no reason or obligation to do. If they composed the music, they have the right to claim it and get money off of your monetization.

Reactions: Fourth Wall Games
Upvote 0

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Nothing you can do as it is due to the music in the game. This is why it is recommended to turn music off when recording / streaming games.

You just need to leave it and accept that you will receive no revenue from that video. It will not effect your channels standing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.