Solved Copyright claims on fair use videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collision

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
Tunisia
YouTube
TN_Collision
Hello,

I've done my researches and learnt a lot about copyright and fair use when my channel was unlinked from the network by the algorithm.

And as I was cleaning my channel for a re-application, I found out that I have manual copyright claims on two videos that I believe they are fair use.

What should I do about the claims? Is there a way I can monetize the videos back? Can I dispute the claims? Will Freedom! help me with this by at least not seeing these videos as a reason for my channel not to be linked again with the network yet?

Thanks.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello,

I've done my researches and learnt a lot about copyright and fair use when my channel was unlinked from the network by the algorithm.

And as I was cleaning my channel for a re-application, I found out that I have manual copyright claims on two videos that I believe they are fair use.

What should I do about the claims? Is there a way I can monetize the videos back? Can I dispute the claims? Will Freedom! help me with this by at least not seeing these videos as a reason for my channel not to be linked again with the network yet?

Thanks.
You can dispute these claims if you know they are Fair Use through YouTube's system.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned by LW001 you would be able to dispute these through Youtube's dispute system, and outlined why you think that the video falls under fair use. As Freedom gives you full autonomy regarding your channel they do not get involved regarding copyright disputes.

Upvote 0

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Freedom can review the video for you and advice you on your course of action. few months ago I had a manual Copyright Clam on a fair use video. If you feel strongly that your video falls under the fair use system you are more then within your rights to dispute the clam (under section 107 Fair use)

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
(2)the nature of the copyrighted work;
(3)the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
(4)the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.