Solved Copyright claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBomber

Rising User
May 19, 2014
Israel
YouTube
I got a copyright claim even though I used Position Music song..

I don't understand why?

edit: Hey just wanted to update- it's still there!!! its been a day and the copyright still there... George said it would disappear after 15 minutes (the video is unlisted for a day)

Final update: I deleted the video, uploaded again and put it unlisted now let's wait and see

Last edited:

SonicBomber

Rising User
May 19, 2014
Israel
YouTube
Yeah, I got hit with a couple of strikes last month but I contested them and won. I wouldn't worry about it.
Hey just wanted to update- it's still there!!! its been a day and the copyright still there... George said it would disappear after 15 minutes OMG (the video is unlisted for a day)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SonicBomber

Rising User
May 19, 2014
Israel
YouTube
If I remember rightly, the video has to be unlisted for said 15 minutes in order for the system to work.
It was uploaded as public. I changed immediately to unlisted and its been a day as I said...

Final update: I deleted the video, uploaded again and put it unlisted now let's wait and see

Last edited:
Upvote 0

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
Never mind... I erased the music and will not use Freedom music as it gets copyrighted...
You have to contact the Position Music support (if I remember correctly) in order to confirm that you are a Freedom! member and can use their music.
This is because the music is not owned by Freedom!, it is a partnership with another company.

Reactions: SonicBomber
Upvote 0

Richspeed

New User
Oct 28, 2014
You have to contact the Position Music support (if I remember correctly) in order to confirm that you are a Freedom! member and can use their music.
This is because the music is not owned by Freedom!, it is a partnership with another company.

You need a access key to contact them, which I do not have. I recently got a copyright claim on one of my videos using a song from Position Music. This is the video,
  • In This Claimant: One or more music publishing rights collecting societies
  • Music composition
  • 0:41 - 3:53

Reactions: SonicBomber
Upvote 0

AlphaGauntlet

Rising User
Feb 29, 2016
YouTube
I got a copyright claim even though I used Position Music song..

I don't understand why?

edit: Hey just wanted to update- it's still there!!! its been a day and the copyright still there... George said it would disappear after 15 minutes (the video is unlisted for a day)

Hey dude, I have had this problem many of a time. Just contact Position Music support, tell them your problem of a copyright strike against some music, they will ask for some details, but 9/10 times they will resolve it and remove the claim for you!

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

SonicBomber

Rising User
May 19, 2014
Israel
YouTube
Hey dude, I have had this problem many of a time. Just contact Position Music support, tell them your problem of a copyright strike against some music, they will ask for some details, but 9/10 times they will resolve it and remove the claim for you!

Hope this helps!
they resolved the problem but too late- i erased the video and put no music...
Had no patience

Upvote 0

SonicBomber

Rising User
May 19, 2014
Israel
YouTube
You need a access key to contact them, which I do not have. I recently got a copyright claim on one of my videos using a song from Position Music. This is the video,
  • In This Claimant: One or more music publishing rights collecting societies
  • Music composition
  • 0:41 - 3:53
I will not use any of their music because i dont like to wait for their response...

Upvote 0

Mix3rz

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 25, 2016
YouTube
If something like this happens contest the claims and show that freedom have provided us with licences to use this music and the claim will not longer be their

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.