Anime and Cartoons Come say Hi anime and manga lovers :)

Talk about all things anime and cartoons here! UwU

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Heyo guys ~!

I just thought I'd make a thread for the community to get to know each other a bit better,
have a talk and maybe make some friends.

I'm just interested in what you guys are reading/watching these days as I've been running low on anime/manga.

I'm personally reading bartender right now, not sure how I got around to that :D
As for anime, I've just started 2nd season of bungou stray dogs. I've yet to even though new seasons anime >_<

What about you all, anything cool you've read/watched recently ?
And am I missing out by skipping latest season or not ?​

Reactions: Koala_Steamed
D

Deleted member 17740

I've never watched or read anime, what would you say would be good to start with if someone hasn't seen it before?

thats like the toughest question ever... depends on what genre of movies/books you normally enjoy, then we have something to work with :)

There are several anime shows you might like to start with.
Here is a list of some i would recommend to start with:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood,
Gurren Lagann.
After after you might even like to endlessly watch Dragon Ball Z.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
There are several anime shows you might like to start with.
Here is a list of some i would recommend to start with:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood,
Gurren Lagann.
After after you might even like to endlessly watch Dragon Ball Z.
I'm rather shocked you didn't say : -
Naruto
Bleach
Code Geass

Though you did mention Dragon Ball Z so I suppose I can forgive you this time :p

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I'm rather shocked you didn't say : -
Naruto
Bleach
Code Geass

Though you did mention Dragon Ball Z so I suppose I can forgive you this time :p
lmao what a basic list you have there xD, those are definetly great anime but not something i would have been hooked on from begining.

I personally would want to recommend some more serious anime to people starting out, as too many ppl look at naruto and misunderstand anime as whole for something it is not....

So I personally might say maybe start with death note, psycho pass or erased, that is assuming that you do like a bit heavier themes

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
lmao what a basic list you have there xD, those are definetly great anime but not something i would have been hooked on from begining.

I personally would want to recommend some more serious anime to people starting out, as too many ppl look at naruto and misunderstand anime as whole for something it is not....

So I personally might say maybe start with death note, psycho pass or erased, that is assuming that you do like a bit heavier themes
JoJo is pretty good, it's one of my favourite animes.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

True I should of included Death Note, a nice anime series which isn't that long. I was going to rattle off a whole load but I didn't want to blow the Koala's mind with the amount of choice out there :)

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
I'm watching Naruto now for the first time (fully through) and I've been so obsessed. All my friends are like, "oh thats trash"; all I have to say to that is I'm pretty sure they haven't been watching it all the way through because this is amazing. In 2016 I finished a lot of different anime. Some of the favorites that I watched were Steins://gate, Code Geass, and FMA. I tend to be more into the psychological thriller type stuff, but Naruto has really got me going to be honest. Any one have any good psych/horror recommendations?

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I'm watching Naruto now for the first time (fully through) and I've been so obsessed. All my friends are like, "oh thats trash"; all I have to say to that is I'm pretty sure they haven't been watching it all the way through because this is amazing. In 2016 I finished a lot of different anime. Some of the favorites that I watched were Steins://gate, Code Geass, and FMA. I tend to be more into the psychological thriller type stuff, but Naruto has really got me going to be honest. Any one have any good psych/horror recommendations?
Stains gate was amazing, i really do see where you're coming from :) Erased is said to be reaaally good, though i've personally still did not have time to watch it whole. I'd also recommend "ergo proxy" and "Psycho pass"

As for naruto, it really depends, original naruto is a very slow starter, moving on to shippuden it gets a lot faster with the plot, but waters it down with bunch of fillers. So like overall it is good anime that i enjoyed, but there are some major flaws with it that some people just cant overlook.

Reactions: ClerraBellis

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
Stains gate was amazing, i really do see where you're coming from :) Erased is said to be reaaally good, though i've personally still did not have time to watch it whole. I'd also recommend "ergo proxy" and "Psycho pass"

As for naruto, it really depends, original naruto is a very slow starter, moving on to shippuden it gets a lot faster with the plot, but waters it down with bunch of fillers. So like overall it is good anime that i enjoyed, but there are some major flaws with it that some people just cant overlook.

Yeah I started watching Ergo Proxy, I find it super enjoyable! Right now I'm in school so I have to do a lot of repetitive design work to do so Naruto is perfect for background noise to be honest. I tune in on the exciting parts and then just focus on my work more during the fillers. It seems to be working out pretty well considering there are so many episodes. I want to finish Ergo proxy after the semester because I really got to pay attention to know whats going on hahahaha