Cod esports?!

GhosltyAce

Rising User
Apr 9, 2016
YouTube
Because of the recent negativity in the trailer of Cod infinite warfare, I feel like the market for Cod esports gaming will die eventually because the creators cannot provide what the community wants or they simply don't want to. What are your thoughts?

TheGenXGamer

Rising User
Apr 20, 2016
YouTube
That's a very interesting point, but I would have to respectfully disagree. Have you seen Activision CEO's response to all the dislikes on the Infinite Warfare trailer? He basically likens the response to the trailer to that of the Black Ops 2 trailer from a few years ago. This was the first "new" Call of Duty game where the game first went into the future, and it actually got a very poor response as well on YouTube. And of course that has become one of our favorite Call of Duty games. He says that people will eventually adjust, and you never know it could become the next Black Ops 2. Personally, I wouldn't judge it too hard until we've seen multiplayer gameplay and have actually tried it myself. That being said, I really do hope Call of Duty esports doesn't die out.

Reactions: iTsEazi00

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
That's a very interesting point, but I would have to respectfully disagree. Have you seen Activision CEO's response to all the dislikes on the Infinite Warfare trailer? He basically likens the response to the trailer to that of the Black Ops 2 trailer from a few years ago. This was the first "new" Call of Duty game where the game first went into the future, and it actually got a very poor response as well on YouTube. And of course that has become one of our favorite Call of Duty games. He says that people will eventually adjust, and you never know it could become the next Black Ops 2. Personally, I wouldn't judge it too hard until we've seen multiplayer gameplay and have actually tried it myself. That being said, I really do hope Call of Duty esports doesn't die out.
I agree, all we saw was campaign and prerendered images/animations for the trailer. Multiplayer is what will set the stage to whether people are going to buy it or not

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Because of the recent negativity in the trailer of Cod infinite warfare, I feel like the market for Cod esports gaming will die eventually because the creators cannot provide what the community wants or they simply don't want to. What are your thoughts?
I believe COD as an eSport will die eventually just because less and less people are interested in it anymore. The game has been dumb down to a point where skill isn't really a requirement like before. I still play but I don't see the franchise staying around much longer unless changes are made

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I honestly think it's more of the community blowing everything out of proportion. Of course nobody likes change, especially being they'd have to adapt. We've literally seen nothing from the actual game yet, and a lot of people are upset because it forces the game to be more fast paced. Black Ops 3 was actually a huge step in the right direction, I don't forsee CoD going anywhere soon, especially being nobody has made a move on the fast paced competitive FPS scene for the consoles yet (I don't count Battlefield as it's more of a slow paced casual war simulation game.) Until we see someone else step up to the plate, I wouldn't worry