Status
Not open for further replies.

VeroxusPvP

Rising User
Mar 31, 2015
YouTube
VeroxusPvP
Hi Freedom

I've been making YouTube videos with this network for a very long time, and in one year I have gained over 1,500 subscribers. I've been shouted out by a person who made an intro for me, and the animation was so beautiful that many people decided to copy my username and steal my intro for their channel. This has resulted in countless people on YouTube with my username that are attempting to impersonate me. This has not affected me until recently, because previously I have always came up first in search results.

Sadly, I have taken a month and a half long break from YouTube in order to work for the SAT. I've came back and made a new video, but the thing is that whenever someone searches up my username on YouTube, I never come up on the first page anymore, and never come up as the first result.

These are a few people who are impersonating me that come up whenever you search my usernames Veroxus and the username VeroxusPvP

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxKGlr_ztebI0dM-_IeN-xQ (This fraud comes up first whenever you search VeroxusPvP and has only 17 subs, I copyright striked two of his videos, but sadly I cannot take down his channel).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8IXkpuuFWTzsp4WVC8rkA (This fraud stole my username to impersonate me. I copyright striked his videos with my intro in it, but sadly his channel is not deleted).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGfwThrgO3WnGo101zFyRA (This fraud copied my channel completely, re-uploading 2 of my videos in another language. I striked two of his videos, but sadly I cannot delete his channel)

If you can find a way to report these people who are impersonating my channel and username, it would be highly appreciated. If not, it would also be appreciated to tell me how I can make my channel come up first whenever someone searches "Veroxus" or "VeroxusPvP".

Thanks, and I look forward to a reply!

Kevin Pannu
Social Entrepreneur

VeroxusPvP

Rising User
Mar 31, 2015
YouTube
VeroxusPvP
I'd suggest striking the videos if they're stealing your content without your permission
I struck most of the videos, but most of them only have two videos with my intro in it, so those were the only ones I could take down.

Whenever you search VeroxusPvP on YouTube, my channel should come up first since I was the original creator, and with more subs. Why does the fraud with 17 subs come up first?

Upvote 0

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I know that you've contacted freedom but I'm afraid they can't really do much if the channels aren't in this network. You can contact YouTube directly be going to your creator studio and clicking on help and support and there should be an email button. Click that and shoot YouTube an email.

Upvote 0

VeroxusPvP

Rising User
Mar 31, 2015
YouTube
VeroxusPvP
I know that you've contacted freedom but I'm afraid they can't really do much if the channels aren't in this network. You can contact YouTube directly be going to your creator studio and clicking on help and support and there should be an email button. Click that and shoot YouTube an email.
YouTube won't reply to me, but I know that Freedom can contact YouTube directly.

Upvote 0

Chicco Torres

Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
Philippines
@VeroxusPvP I believe an email was already sent regarding this. As suggested by other community members, it would be best to contact YouTube directly as they have access to those channels impersonating you. You can go to www.support.google.com/youtube then click on Contact us. They should be able to help you out. I know that the situation is urgent but give them some time to check on their resources as well to assist you the best way that they can.

Upvote 0

VeroxusPvP

Rising User
Mar 31, 2015
YouTube
VeroxusPvP
Did you try reporting the channels as a whole for impersonation? There's an option to flag the channel itself for this under the 'about' tab on the main channel page.
I've fixed this, just wanted to request this thread to have a solved prefix. Basically, I just uploaded three videos that gained 1,000 views and my channel came up first again. Perhaps the reason for them coming up first was that I was inactive for 2 months.

Also, the "Impersonation" tab is targeted for larger YouTubers to suspend accounts that copy their name and spam their comments with malware. The only reason why people copy me is because I have paid thousands for quality channel art, and people just copy my name just because they cannot make their own channel art.

Requesting the prefix to be changed to solved. I am sincerely grateful for being a Freedom partner.

Upvote 0

Inspire GFX

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I've fixed this, just wanted to request this thread to have a solved prefix. Basically, I just uploaded three videos that gained 1,000 views and my channel came up first again. Perhaps the reason for them coming up first was that I was inactive for 2 months.

Also, the "Impersonation" tab is targeted for larger YouTubers to suspend accounts that copy their name and spam their comments with malware. The only reason why people copy me is because I have paid thousands for quality channel art, and people just copy my name just because they cannot make their own channel art.

Requesting the prefix to be changed to solved. I am sincerely grateful for being a Freedom partner.
Glad to hear everything is solved mate :)

Upvote 0

Dezy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
New Orleans
YouTube
d3zydration

Glad to hear everything's been sorted! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.