Banson

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
www.youtube.com
YouTube
_Banson_
It's been just over a year since I first uploaded my channel trailer and I feel that I need a change. I've recently started uploading again but don't really know what kind of trailer people would like. Should it be all about the channel? Should I do it about myself and my reasons for doing YouTube? Or should it be a mixture of both? Please, any advice or suggestions would be amazing! Thanks! :')

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It's been just over a year since I first uploaded my channel trailer and I feel that I need a change. I've recently started uploading again but don't really know what kind of trailer people would like. Should it be all about the channel? Should I do it about myself and my reasons for doing YouTube? Or should it be a mixture of both? Please, any advice or suggestions would be amazing! Thanks! :')
I would make a mix of both. A montage with some of your great moments with a chill background music and some commentary about yourself and channel :)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I enjoy trailers that show off the channel in general. It should reflect your personality, your best moments, or what the channel is about. Using previous clips work best, because talking naturally is hard for a trailer, heh.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
mixture of both! See the person and the content is always a plus I think!

That's kind of what I did with my 2nd and 3rd channel trailers. I think it's important to show both a bit unless you are lacking content to use in the first place (My first channel trailer was structured that way since I made it when I was first starting so I didn't have any content to go off of yet)