Offering Channel Reviews

Artsy Irvine

Freedom! Member
I would love one! (Leave the Channel Trailer out, because it got deleted from the music providers. I am starting a new one.)

www.youtube.com/slenderslaydesigns

Hi SlenderSlay. Upon seeing your channel, what interested me is your intro, and that you create GFX. (I just love intros that don't use dubstep music, and are legible) :)
Your branding. It's consistent. Good job. Your mic and video quality is also great.

Channel Page:
Playlist Section
-Add your recent uploads playlist to your channel page. It's very useful, for example, I want to see your latest video immediately, without having to go to your videos page.

Videos Page:
Upload Rate
-You upload about 1-2 videos a week. It's not bad, given that you also have another channel for gaming, and you have GFX clients.

Thumbnails
-I like your thumbnails. They've got your logo emphasized on them. There's text that says what the video is about.
But my suggestion is that you increase the text size, because right now the size is a little hard to see.

About Page:
-You've got info on your about page, but I'm sure it can still be improved by adding more keywords in them. You could try being more specific. Like mention that you do Speedarts. Mention that you have a gaming channel, give the link. Mention that we can order channel graphics from you. Give a link to your website. That way, more people will know about your site (because not everyone looks at the description), and go there, see your shop, and possibly order from you. You can also say a little about Freedom!, why they should apply for partnership, and your referal link. :D

More Suggestions:
-You should probably make use of YouTube cards. They work for mobile, unlike annotations.
-Your video quality is great. Along with your intro, you should probably have an outro too.
-Some of your video descriptions have Adfly links. YouTube does not allow this. :eek:
George made a video about it saying that if you place adfly links on your video descriptions, your channel may be terminated. I'm not saying that you should stop using adfly, but they're just risky to use on YouTube. The best risk-free workaround is to place a link to your website in your description, then on your website, the adfly download link is there.

Overall Rating:
8.9/10. Would subscribe ;)
Hope this helped!

Artsy Irvine

Freedom! Member
I would like to know your thoughts on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkAfoyD4FscvDD9osETpSqg

Hey Martin :)
When I saw your channel, what got me hooked up is your channel's logo.

Channel Trailer:
-Interesting. I did see that you placed a little bit of comedy in it.
My suggestion is that you try to make your trailer shorter. Try to make it more compact, but not too much. Try having a trailer that is at most 1 minute?
-Also. Why is it unlisted?

Channel Page:
Logo/Banner
-Your logo and channel art look great and original. It's a blend of 2d and 3d cartoons, anime and games.
For your banner, I suggest placing the background you use on your thumbnails, instead of just black. :)

Videos Page:
Upload Rate
-You uploaded 3 videos 3 weeks ago. Then 1 yesterday. Try uploading at least 1 a week. That way your subscribers won't think that you've gone inactive, and you may even gain more viewers for uploading often.

Thumbnails:
- Your thumbnails are uniform! They look good. You've got your logo in them, modified depending on the game.
It makes you have strong branding. But I think that you've gone a little to far with the background, you know?
I think that it would be best to change the background's color depending on the game, to give it a little more variety.
- Your thumbnails may also need a little bit of work with the color contrasts, like the white text colors, sometimes it doesn't match with the background.

Another suggestion is to use YouTube Cards on your videos to promote your other content. And you can also consider having an intro/outro on your videos too.

Overall Rating:
8.5/10. Would see more GTA V ;)

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay
Hi SlenderSlay. Upon seeing your channel, what interested me is your intro, and that you create GFX. (I just love intros that don't use dubstep music, and are legible) :)
Your branding. It's consistent. Good job. Your mic and video quality is also great.

Channel Page:
Playlist Section
-Add your recent uploads playlist to your channel page. It's very useful, for example, I want to see your latest video immediately, without having to go to your videos page.

Videos Page:
Upload Rate
-You upload about 1-2 videos a week. It's not bad, given that you also have another channel for gaming, and you have GFX clients.

Thumbnails
-I like your thumbnails. They've got your logo emphasized on them. There's text that says what the video is about.
But my suggestion is that you increase the text size, because right now the size is a little hard to see.

About Page:
-You've got info on your about page, but I'm sure it can still be improved by adding more keywords in them. You could try being more specific. Like mention that you do Speedarts. Mention that you have a gaming channel, give the link. Mention that we can order channel graphics from you. Give a link to your website. That way, more people will know about your site (because not everyone looks at the description), and go there, see your shop, and possibly order from you. You can also say a little about Freedom!, why they should apply for partnership, and your referal link. :D

More Suggestions:
-You should probably make use of YouTube cards. They work for mobile, unlike annotations.
-Your video quality is great. Along with your intro, you should probably have an outro too.
-Some of your video descriptions have Adfly links. YouTube does not allow this. :eek:
George made a video about it saying that if you place adfly links on your video descriptions, your channel may be terminated. I'm not saying that you should stop using adfly, but they're just risky to use on YouTube. The best risk-free workaround is to place a link to your website in your description, then on your website, the adfly download link is there.

Overall Rating:
8.9/10. Would subscribe ;)
Hope this helped!
Thanks a ton! Didnt know about that adfly thing though, I will replace with normal mediafire links when I get home.

Artsy Irvine

Freedom! Member

Hey LeonZ :)
When I saw your channel, I saw potential in you.

Channel Trailer:
-Your channel trailer showcased a montage of what games you play on your channel. That's good.
But, I think your trailer wasn't that effective. :(
I still don't know what games you play, because I don't recognize any of the games you shown, and there's no clear title to what game is being shown on the video.
-But here are some ways to improve your trailer.
1. You should add text stating the title of the game
2. You should give an annotation, a youtube card, or a link, to the videos/games
3. Try to make your trailer 1 minute long
4. Try using Position Music. Freedom! offers it to us partners for free.
5. Make a longer description. Clarify what games you play, please, give us links to playlists.

Channel Page:
Logo/Banner
-Your logo and banner look great. I hope you can also spread that branding on your thumbnails.

Playlists Section
-You should add more playlists to your channel page

Thumbnails:
- Your thumbnails can improve a lot more by
1. Adding text that emphasizes the title of your video
2. Adding your logo
3. Maximizing the space
4. Make the thumbnails have a similar style from your banner

About Page:
- I think you should add more keyword rich words to your about page, just like my suggestion to SlenderSlay.

Don't stop making videos. Overtime, you will improve.
I hope these suggestions are helpful. I try to give sincere feedback, because that's what you asked for :)
Overall Rating:
6.8/10. You have potential ;)

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
Thanks a lot mate, will be taking your tips and running with them starting with the banner background, with my traler video i do agree it does need to be a bit shorter, and the fact it is unlisted to be honest when i first upload a video its upload as unlisted as i sometimes use position music and i've actually just forgot to change the trailer to public lol..

EDIT/UPDATE: I've went through my channel and change thumbnail colours (different game different colour), changed my banner's background colour to the same as my gta thumbnail backgrounds and oh yeah i went in and changed my trailer from unlisted to public :D Thanks again for the tips

Last edited:

Artsy Irvine

Freedom! Member
If you guys like to be featured on my spotlight series too, just tell me ;)

Thanks a ton! Didnt know about that adfly thing though, I will replace with normal mediafire links when I get home.
You're welcome! Good luck with your channel.

Thanks a lot mate, will be taking your tips and running with them starting with the banner background, with my traler video i do agree it does need to be a bit shorter, and the fact it is unlisted to be honest when i first upload a video its upload as unlisted as i sometimes use position music and i've actually just forgot to change the trailer to public lol..

EDIT/UPDATE: I've went through my channel and change thumbnail colours (different game different colour), changed my banner's background colour to the same as my gta thumbnail backgrounds and oh yeah i went in and changed my trailer from unlisted to public :D Thanks again for the tips
Glad I could help :)

You know what. I'll just feature you on my spotlight series on YouTube, ok? I'll notify you when it's up. :)
But for your channel's rating, I'll give it an 8.5/10 - You deserve more subs

Reactions: Alkaline Martin

JarredSinclairTV

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If you guys like to be featured on my spotlight series too, just tell me ;)

You're welcome! Good luck with your channel.

Glad I could help :)

You know what. I'll just feature you on my spotlight series on YouTube, ok? I'll notify you when it's up. :)
But for your channel's rating, I'll give it an 8.5/10 - You deserve more subs

Cheers :) that is very much appreciated! Thank you! 10/10 star!

Reactions: Artsy Irvine

Artsy Irvine

Freedom! Member