Channel is slowly dying. need help.

skullyurd

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey everyone. my channel is slowly dying out. less people are watching even though I upload everyday. even when I uploaded a video people are watching it not so fast as normal. It is not that I only give something about views but it is nice to have an small amount of audience. does anyone know a way to attract people? It would help a lot.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
I really can't give out a solid tips since I am a small channel as well, but probably some of your subs are dead subs, if you know what I mean. 'Cause sometimes I rather have less people sub to me because they actually like my vids rather than a lot of people sub to me because of some sub4sub thing. And as for a small channel like me, I don'tr reach at least 30 views in some of my videos. Some vids were just even lucky to reach 50.

In attracting people, it could be originality?? 'Cause probably the reason your vids are not attracting people is because your content matches so much "famous" content out there. If you're a gaming channel, then it will be pretty hard to attract new people since some only go after the famous people they know, and never try other smaller channels.

Have you joined a subnetwork powered by Freedom? 'Cause the one I am currently with really helps me gets my videos out there. Even though I only get 10-20 views, it's still something for me. I just need something good to actually attract them.

I hope I made a point here. The thought is pretty much scattered, by my main point is the originality. I know it's hard, considering that almost all ideas to be a unique channel is already taken.

skullyurd

Respected User
Freedom! Member
You are right. I never did sub4sub or something else to get fake subs or something like that. but even though I got 143 subs and almost no one is watching :p
about originality, I probally can't think about something new but I am working on a new style for my channel and upcoming videos. maybe I need to try something new. and in which sub-network are you in and why is it working good for you? kinda curious about that. thanks for your time. you made your point here and I am happy that you are willing to help :)

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
I joined @PGUK Network and if you have a Facebook page and/or twitter account, they'll share/retweet your video post to their followers, and instantly, I gain views, although they are up to 10-15 views, it's still something. I only need to make something that will really be striking to them. Also, they make partner showcase videos, which is kind of a spotlight as well, but they also critique your channel, in which they'll point out stuff that could be better to your channel.

Same with me man. I did something different to my channel. I planned a full gaming channel, but I realized, that ain't me. I am not all about gaming. I'll do what I want with my channel. I'll post whatever I want since this is me, and I am sharing a part of me with my viewers. So yeah, having a new style or approach to our new content will hopefully be better.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Hey everyone. my channel is slowly dying out. less people are watching even though I upload everyday. even when I uploaded a video people are watching it not so fast as normal. It is not that I only give something about views but it is nice to have an small amount of audience. does anyone know a way to attract people? It would help a lot.
yeah I'm having the same issue at the minute people who have been watching me for over a year suddenly have stopped watching and if it is because youtube doesnt tell about the new updates or they have moved on I dont know. As for a solution, well there is none all you can do is try to keep it going and hope they come back to you.

Lost in the Warp Pipe

Rising User
Apr 24, 2015
YouTube
and if it is because youtube doesnt tell about the new updates or they have moved on I dont know.

It might legitimately be that reason, I've seen people commenting on some particularly large content creators stating, that for whatever reason, they are no longer receiving videos in their subscription feed.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
That's just how it is bro... I don't understand it either...

but I can tell you a month ago, I had the lowest views I've had in over a year...

And this month I have the highest monthly view count ever....

It's not usually a consistent thing...

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
That's just how it is bro... I don't understand it either...

but I can tell you a month ago, I had the lowest views I've had in over a year...

And this month I have the highest monthly view count ever....

It's not usually a consistent thing...
maybe its school because this week it was vacation

skullyurd

Respected User
Freedom! Member
They all sound logical. I started this channel a month before christmas and new year. everyone was free at that time and they were many people browsing youtube. now people have go to their work and school. monday is my vacation over so everything will change for me as well. I already understand that making videos isn't going to gauranteed anything.it is just the people appreantly. I made a video some weeks back. and the previous week the views and watching time were rising even though the video was only for some weeks and I didn't do a thing. so I think our channel and videos should we attractive for people and it also depends on the free time people have. good to have all the information from people opinions and thoughts :p