Gaming Channel Growth

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
So a weird thing that has been going on for me at least. Before I went to play around with Twitch full time I for a while took the time to make sure my videos were of decent quality and plenty of content (Though I played lots of strategy games so they were lengthy). Since not really finding what was "My thing" for youtube I just transferred little highlight clips from my stream. Then I notice I was getting more subscribers. Really one maybe one or two per video. I found it a little odd to say my subscriber count usually increased on the videos that were unedited and simply transferred over. Has anyone seen odd growth like this before?

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey , Welcome to freedom !

I have crazy growth like this before , it can happen a lot to people but will stop at some point :) unless people are loving it and I see you play CSGO , this game is huge at the moment ! do you play ranked ?

A lot of Twitch people transfer there videos over and people like to go watch in case they missed something and it can be great quality because of course it is live !

best of luck !

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
Hey , Welcome to freedom !

I have crazy growth like this before , it can happen a lot to people but will stop at some point :) unless people are loving it and I see you play CSGO , this game is huge at the moment ! do you play ranked ?

A lot of Twitch people transfer there videos over and people like to go watch in case they missed something and it can be great quality because of course it is live !

best of luck !

I don't play CSGO much after I hit Global Elite and yea it's still booming mostly for those who already established themselves!

That's good to know it usually takes a while for something entertaining to happen those are the highlights I usually transfer over

Reactions: Prology

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
I don't play CSGO much after I hit Global Elite and yea it's still booming mostly for those who already established themselves!

That's good to know it usually takes a while for something entertaining to happen those are the highlights I usually transfer over

I have not heard of global elite ! I'm guessing its good ?

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
It took a lot of time and effort. It is the last matchmaking rank. I think I put 2k+ hours into CSGO and didn't hit global until maybe 1.5k since I kept quitting

dam !!! that is a lot of time , keep it up bro :) have a great day !

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So a weird thing that has been going on for me at least. Before I went to play around with Twitch full time I for a while took the time to make sure my videos were of decent quality and plenty of content (Though I played lots of strategy games so they were lengthy). Since not really finding what was "My thing" for youtube I just transferred little highlight clips from my stream. Then I notice I was getting more subscribers. Really one maybe one or two per video. I found it a little odd to say my subscriber count usually increased on the videos that were unedited and simply transferred over. Has anyone seen odd growth like this before?
Hello Cotton, growth comes randomly at times. When you stream, you open yourself up a ton more because people can view you easier. The more you get yourself out there, the more people will be exposed to you. Having nice quality can help, but if you can relate to viewers, you should be set :p What kind of videos do you make often lately?

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
Hello Cotton, growth comes randomly at times. When you stream, you open yourself up a ton more because people can view you easier. The more you get yourself out there, the more people will be exposed to you. Having nice quality can help, but if you can relate to viewers, you should be set :p What kind of videos do you make often lately?

Just funny short 30s or so clips of stuff that happens during the stream. The Twitch itself doesn't have a button to go directly to youtube, but my youtube channel automatically links my Twitch. I've been experimenting with an alternate twitch channel so that is the reason why

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Just funny short 30s or so clips of stuff that happens during the stream. The Twitch itself doesn't have a button to go directly to youtube, but my youtube channel automatically links my Twitch. I've been experimenting with an alternate twitch channel so that is the reason why
That's a nice idea to only use short clips mainly, people tend to get drowned off if you use full streams without cutting the video up.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
I have same thing, any mine games video I get along 20 - 60 views depends on the game. But soon I celebrate mine 100 subs video and what are mine goals I get views pass 100 or close to it. Weird...