Wonderboy Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
Southern California
YouTube
What were some changes you made to your channel/videos/brand where you saw the biggest difference?

What was the difference that resulted?(views, likes, subs, comments)

I'm sure the answers are gonna be different depending on channel type, but i think it would be interesting to hear what some of yall have done.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
I'm a gaming channel and the biggest change I did was making videos on smaller indie games more often opposed to AAA titles. There's less competition and so I gained more views and subs! I also got an intro recently, don't know if it helps with views and subs but it's too early to say it doesn't.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
As a gaming channel i first started out with a couple games and slowly expanding. Then when i decided to record my gameplay from the MMO Final Fantasy XIV it went sky rocket and became my most populair serie. Due to this my other video's gained more views as well and my channel started growing rapidly. Then it went quiet as i stopped with FFXIV for a while and focussed on the other games. Since i'm back at it with FFXIV my channel is going sky rocket again

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
What were some changes you made to your channel/videos/brand where you saw the biggest difference?

I'm sure the answers are gonna be different depending on channel type, but i think it would be interesting to hear what some of yall have done.
Minecraft was definitely the biggest views for me. If I stayed consistent with uploading to the minecraft forums, I would have a lot more followers now. I'm not entirely interested in Minecraft now, so it worked out :p

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I can't say I really changed anything other than my commentary. I used to be pretty quiet when starting out but I'm a lot louder and excited these days :)

Aside from that basically everything is the same with my content as it was back in January 2014. I did start using youtube polls when that got released recently but I wouldn't really call it anything major and I don't think it's had any negative or positive effects either.

Wonderboy Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
Southern California
YouTube
I can't say I really changed anything other than my commentary. I used to be pretty quiet when starting out but I'm a lot louder and excited these days :)

Aside from that basically everything is the same with my content as it was back in January 2014. I did start using youtube polls when that got released recently but I wouldn't really call it anything major and I don't think it's had any negative or positive effects either.

Yeah, im working on my mic levels right now as well. hoping to get better while recording so i don't have to deal with it in post

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube

My biggest change for good, was when I decided to stop doing let's plays like everyone else, and instead narrow my content down to one game. I found the niche.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed