Channel banner and end slate art critique desired

FoxyGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 7, 2015
YouTube
banner thing 2.png

So this one is my banner, I've had to crop it a bit to fit in the youtube banner size but not by much.

frame 1.png

and this is, basically, my end slate. There's another frame but it's just to make the fox thing blink. The white spaces are placeholders for other games that I've played and want to draw attention to.

While I think these are fine and ok, I'd like some feed back on them because one should always attempt to improve and for all I know these could both be bad.

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Hey! (This is my first post on "feedback" sub-forum, so hope to be an actual help intead any other thing.)

First of all, and to be honest, they're both great! I do like the dark on them, and I think they were well chosen/created. Although, I do think your banner could just have another font, maybe more "unique", if I can say so. But, it's really important to be aware that some fonts can't be used for this purpose, our YouTube channels, because they're copyright. I'll try to post here a link of one of my favourite font website that are actually royality free fonts and you can use them (I can't find it now, but I will!).

Now, the end card. It is awesome! Really simple and, yet, really creative. I must ask, the fox drawing is a creating of yours? If yes, I'll let you with a idea: it should be good to see some movement on that end card, for instance, with one/two more frames, with really subtle and slow transitions between them, in order to make it a little more dynamic.
But, as I said, these are my ideas. Overall, I think this is a really great job! I would like to have something alike on my channel... or even part of that creativity.

FoxyGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 7, 2015
YouTube
Hey! (This is my first post on "feedback" sub-forum, so hope to be an actual help intead any other thing.)

First of all, and to be honest, they're both great! I do like the dark on them, and I think they were well chosen/created. Although, I do think your banner could just have another font, maybe more "unique", if I can say so. But, it's really important to be aware that some fonts can't be used for this purpose, our YouTube channels, because they're copyright. I'll try to post here a link of one of my favourite font website that are actually royality free fonts and you can use them (I can't find it now, but I will!).

Now, the end card. It is awesome! Really simple and, yet, really creative. I must ask, the fox drawing is a creating of yours? If yes, I'll let you with a idea: it should be good to see some movement on that end card, for instance, with one/two more frames, with really subtle and slow transitions between them, in order to make it a little more dynamic.
But, as I said, these are my ideas. Overall, I think this is a really great job! I would like to have something alike on my channel... or even part of that creativity.

Oh thank you for the feed back!

For the font I made sure when I got it that it wasn't copy written. It was between that one and another and the other required special permissions. I will agree with you though it is a more "standard" font, but the letters are large and not too bubbly which works for what I needed and what I use it for now(the numbers and words for my thumbnails, things I add to the video to grab attention ect.)

The fox character is mine, don't know what part of my head they spawned from but they are mine.

For the endslate I'm probably going to add some frames, either making it pop out of that hole it's in or look like it's breathing in addition to blinking. Both would probably be equal amounts of work so it's a matter of what would look better considering how I have my slate constructed. But thank you for reaffirming what I was thinking about the slate and banner, I should be able to make it look better with this.