Changing Channel Names

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
So I've went on ahead and changed my channel name not to mention have really increased the quality of my videos. Since changing my name and have put even more effort into my channel I've not really seen an increase in subs but have seen an increase in views. I feel it was a very good transition. Has anyone else considered changing their channel name?

Lord Dan

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
YouTube
I changed mine less than 48 hours ago. It was originally just Lord Dan. I used to do nothing but Minecraft as I was originally a Moderator for a large Minecraft server and a builder for them, so I had lots of material for it. As the years have gone I've slowly got bored, friends have moved to other games etc. So i've changed my direction to cover Sandbox games in general. Because of the change, I changed my Channel name to 'Lord Dan - Lord of the Sandbox games' instead to reflect the channels change of direction.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Changed my name like 4 years ago when I brought a friend into my channel. Heck, my old channel name could prolly found somewhere. Still, some changes are good, and some changes are bad. Personally speaking, I haven't noticed an increase on views/subs when I changed my channel name, but I have noticed newer viewers commenting here and there.
As for my thoughts on the name, I like it. Reminds me of "All along the Watchtower".

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
that isn't because of changing your name. it's all because you working harder like you said. trust me.