Changed my banner (After some feedback)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
As title says above I have recently changed my channels banner and want to know what you think?

I'm not very good when it comes to design so best I could come up with at the moment.

(Ignore the white channel icon as it's bugged out. Should be black :/)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2AckBmBj9javFKMIlsVYQ
It's...not that great. I'm not good with design either, that's why I dropped a few bucks on a channel banner. I suggest you do the same, at least until you get more practice with photoshop.

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
It's...not that great. I'm not good with design either, that's why I dropped a few bucks on a channel banner. I suggest you do the same, at least until you get more practice with photoshop.

Ye might do that. Thought I'd give it ago to at least say I've tried :)

To be honest the banner doesn't fit wel together. You can do 2 things. One is ask someone to make one who is experienced or find yourself a good banner template and edit it to fit your channel better.

Might be best idea thanks. Not a fan of the way YouTube has banners now due to the different sizes depending on which device you view it from.

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
i had some make mine for like $7 and it was the best money i spent ever and would recommend them

couldn't remember who it was sorry but ask in the graphics section i'm sure there are plenty of people who could do a good job

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Ye might do that. Thought I'd give it ago to at least say I've tried :)

Might be best idea thanks. Not a fan of the way YouTube has banners now due to the different sizes depending on which device you view it from.
Agreed on that! I made my banner myself and from destkop it is best vieuw, the mobile version cuts a part off....

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
i had some make mine for like $7 and it was the best money i spent ever and would recommend them

couldn't remember who it was sorry but ask in the graphics section i'm sure there are plenty of people who could do a good job

Thats alrite. I've made a post in the request section so hopefully can get a really nice one compared to mine which shouldn't be too hard :p

Agreed on that! I made my banner myself and from destkop it is best vieuw, the mobile version cuts a part off....

Ye same with mine :( oh well lol

rmenga4

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2015
YouTube
Unfortunately, I find this banner a bit bad. But you need some improvement or get a designer for it.

RaspberrySlice

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 26, 2015
YouTube
yeah, my advice (while im not great with photoshop) is to maybe try a different font as its quite dull, and look up some tutorials on how to get things to look more interesting, for instance the gradient background makes it look like it was made in 2009 (sorry if it's harsh, I'm just being honest) :)

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Unfortunately, I find this banner a bit bad. But you need some improvement or get a designer for it.

Think easiest it getting someone who is good at making banners design one for me :p

yeah, my advice (while im not great with photoshop) is to maybe try a different font as its quite dull, and look up some tutorials on how to get things to look more interesting, for instance the gradient background makes it look like it was made in 2009 (sorry if it's harsh, I'm just being honest) :)

I don't mind the harsh comment. Better people telling me what they actually think than just lying :)