Tips & Tricks CC or not?

风子 FengZ

Rising User
Nov 28, 2016
Malaysia
YouTube
Hi, I have a tiny question here.
For your information, I am a Chinese and I will be recording my let's play moment in Mandarin.
So, will it be better if I include English subtitles in my videos for larger audience?
Or should I just focusing on the Chinese audience?

Gerry saputra

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 24, 2016
Indonesia
YouTube
For your information, I am a Chinese and I will be recording my let's play moment in Mandarin.
So, will it be better if I include English subtitles in my videos for larger audience?

if your next target is english language audience , maybe its a little important
for now , i think you just focusing on the chinese audience languange .

umm , maybe until 1k subs or some people request to you , to add english subtitles .

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I would not only focus on English subs but let the community also translate it to other languages ;)
I myself am Dutch and have translated many video's for others wich helps them and me both so i can sure advise it :D

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Doing CC subtitles is HUGE in reaching a wider audience on YouTube through search. It is highly recommended!
Translating your title and description too. That can be found when you go to "Video Manager" -> Find the video and click "edit". -> Then click "Translations".

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I would actually request rather largely that you add some form of English CC to expand to that audience. Simply for the given that many of Google's services including YouTube isn't allowed in Mainland China where most of the speakers of the language reside.

Tom Cryer

Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I think stick with Mandarin. Until you gain a huge audience, you should avoid subtitles. It won't be worth the efforts.
I hope this helps -Tom

羽翼之兔

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 8, 2017
YouTube
What was nothing more than captions as long as there is from CC and interpreters must have CC YOUTUBE In video to remind you can and can on the Chinese translation this matter.
Captions for gear have an automatic translatio