Can't Connect Pool

Vihisha

Jun 18, 2015
Redmond, Oregon USA
YouTube
Vihisha
I ran the miner for a month 0 troubles, but I cannot get it to run anymore due to this error that keeps popping up!

Is anyone else having this issue, or know where to look or what to do?! I've sent feedback through miner. I'm not able to use the Benchmark feature either...it just tells me the same error along the bottom anytime I try Benchmark or start mining. What is port 4444 and where might I find this?! ANY help at this point would be great...it was nice earning some extra cash letting this program run while I'm not using my computer...

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You can see what ports are in use on your PC by entering the command line (Windows+R, enter cmd.exe) and entering netstat -abno. This will show you a list of what ports are in use by what program. The port number is the part after the : in the "Local address" column. In the list look for port 4444 and if it's a program you've installed, kill it in the Task Manager.

Vihisha

Jun 18, 2015
Redmond, Oregon USA
YouTube
Vihisha
I suppose the port 4444 needs to be open and may be closed by your ISP. you gotta check with that.
Look up tutorials for port forwarding so that you can open the port 4444 which the software uses.
THX for the idea! I'm not sure it's an ISP issue as I was able to run the miner just fine on another computer in the house after I started having issues. Sadly, a week or so later, the other computer also started throwing up the same error, so... But I'll look into this "port forwarding"[DOUBLEPOST=1532790771][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can see what ports are in use on your PC by entering the command line (Windows+R, enter cmd.exe) and entering netstat -abno. This will show you a list of what ports are in use by what program. The port number is the part after the : in the "Local address" column. In the list look for port 4444 and if it's a program you've installed, kill it in the Task Manager.
I'll try this! Thank-u so much for reaching out! I really appreciate the info on how to see a list of ports in the 1st place!