Request Can Someone Review my channel ?

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
its been a couple of months since my last review and id like to improve again since its been 100 subs ago that i last asked. id like to see what i could improve because ive got no idea myself if theres any need of changes here and there. anything from video quality to sounds quality is fine but i wouldnt want too many comments on personality unless its big cause im trying to be as real as possible for my viewers rather than fake which would make it totally boring for myself. thank you for future reviews and i will take these points to account :)

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Here is my opinion.. For what it is worth ;)

• You have a channel Trailer! YAY! It shows your name first YAY! then the rest is.. just random clips? Doesn't tell me anything about your channel, so its not really engaging.. Consider remaking with what it might tell about your channel. This is what I did on mine (www.youtube.com/Thegamingheretic) - or look at like Total Biscuit or AngryJoeShow
  • Your banner is fine, I don't hate it.. But it really doesn't help your branding. Consider using your name in the banner to or maybe what you do/when you post.
  • Good Use of Playlists on the homepage, though might consider more playlist options
  • Your thumbnails are inconsistent, remember to do thumbnails and make them pop. You can look at channels like 10phoenix01 and look at his videos to see how to do them well. Also the sizing is 1280 by 740 - keep it to that. Some of your thumbnails are to big.
  • Audio is good, Visuals are good. Consider using OBS or Xsplit so you don't have the Bandicam watermark .. That really just looks.. cheap (to me atleast)
I hope this helps!

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
Here is my opinion.. For what it is worth ;)

• You have a channel Trailer! YAY! It shows your name first YAY! then the rest is.. just random clips? Doesn't tell me anything about your channel, so its not really engaging.. Consider remaking with what it might tell about your channel. This is what I did on mine (www.youtube.com/Thegamingheretic) - or look at like Total Biscuit or AngryJoeShow
  • Your banner is fine, I don't hate it.. But it really doesn't help your branding. Consider using your name in the banner to or maybe what you do/when you post.
  • Good Use of Playlists on the homepage, though might consider more playlist options
  • Your thumbnails are inconsistent, remember to do thumbnails and make them pop. You can look at channels like 10phoenix01 and look at his videos to see how to do them well. Also the sizing is 1280 by 740 - keep it to that. Some of your thumbnails are to big.
  • Audio is good, Visuals are good. Consider using OBS or Xsplit so you don't have the Bandicam watermark .. That really just looks.. cheap (to me atleast)
I hope this helps!
when it comes to channel trailers im not too bothered bout that cause a lot of youtube channels can sound too needy if they put subscribe in the front in my opinion. that im happy with but i do agree on putting more playlists cause i havent fixed that yet in over a year when i did the huge cleanup a month ago, thanks for reminding me of that i wouldnt have noticed :)

Speedy Stealth

Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
YouTube
Sorry I don't mean to jump in on the conversation, but channel trailers are a big thing. It's like a showcase of your channel!!
I'm redoing mine now and I'm trying to think of ways to show off my best strengths. The first thing the viewer is going to see is going to be that trailer. It's like making a first impression when your walking into that job interview. It's just something to think about.

Thanks,
Speedy Stealth

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
its been a couple of months since my last review and id like to improve again since its been 100 subs ago that i last asked. id like to see what i could improve because ive got no idea myself if theres any need of changes here and there. anything from video quality to sounds quality is fine but i wouldnt want too many comments on personality unless its big cause im trying to be as real as possible for my viewers rather than fake which would make it totally boring for myself. thank you for future reviews and i will take these points to account :)
What kind of channel are you going for? What kind of audience are you looking to attract? Do you know the general age you're shooting for? Everybody has their own particular tastes, but it's good to know how you can attract your audience.

Reactions: Prototype Ninja1

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Looking at your channel the first i notice is the banner, it is a collection of wallpapers. I would make a custom one with your name and motto or such.

Organize your home screen with sections as Populair uploads/Uploads/Playlists and maybe a additional but don't make it too busy.

You have a 100 subs video on your home page wich i would change for a channel trailer that catches the eye of newcomers.

Last i see some thumbnails are very busy with edits, some really nice and clean, and some without a thumb so work a bit in that ;)

Reactions: Prototype Ninja1

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
What kind of channel are you going for? What kind of audience are you looking to attract? Do you know the general age you're shooting for? Everybody has their own particular tastes, but it's good to know how you can attract your audience.
im aiming for any age group, particularly gaming, horror style but how would the thumbnails and all that look more or less ? personality wise should i cut down the hype or put more effort into it ?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
im aiming for any age group, particularly gaming, horror style but how would the thumbnails and all that look more or less ? personality wise should i cut down the hype or put more effort into it ?
Aiming for all can be hard though, not all age groups like the same humor. Thumbnails should be legible, when you use only one color for font, it can blend in to the background image. You can put in as much effort as you want ^^