Can I get some advice?

Pitchblackwolf

Freedom! Member
May 27, 2016
YouTube
So I'm a very shy and quiet person and I normally don't talk unless someone says something to me, which kinda sucks cause I really love talking to and meeting new people! So if no one says anything to me first, the converstion just never happens. ): This also (sometimes) makes recording a little bit harder for me, especially when it's with others. If no one says something to me, I tend to sit there all awkward and quiet. I really want to break this so I can be an out going person and not be as shy and quiet as I am. Any tips or tricks I could use to help me with this situation? Anything would be a great start! Thanks! :D

Aug 24, 2016
YouTube
So I'm a very shy and quiet person and I normally don't talk unless someone says something to me, which kinda sucks cause I really love talking to and meeting new people! So if no one says anything to me first, the converstion just never happens. ): This also (sometimes) makes recording a little bit harder for me, especially when it's with others. If no one says something to me, I tend to sit there all awkward and quiet. I really want to break this so I can be an out going person and not be as shy and quiet as I am. Any tips or tricks I could use to help me with this situation? Anything would be a great start! Thanks! :D
Im similar to you, if no one speaks to me first i'll sit there awkwardly, I say you should just try and practise maybe without a camera and eventually when you think you can give it a go with the camera turn it on and speak, as I'm also very shy, I don't talk in my videos, I do tutorial videos and eventually if I get more subs then I may start to talk

Reactions: Pitchblackwolf

Pitchblackwolf

Freedom! Member
May 27, 2016
YouTube
Im similar to you, if no one speaks to me first i'll sit there awkwardly, I say you should just try and practise maybe without a camera and eventually when you think you can give it a go with the camera turn it on and speak, as I'm also very shy, I don't talk in my videos, I do tutorial videos and eventually if I get more subs then I may start to talk

I'm glad you understand how it feels, even though I wish you didn't cause this sucks. But I think I'll give that a try and see if that works. Thanks for the advice :D But just continue to make videos like you do and people will come :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I was kinda the same XD

The reason for me to open up was eventually with gaming where i was in a party with some good friends and slowly got to know other people. It is a process wich takes time but if you browse around the forums for example and interact with other people by leaving a reply on their post is a way to slowly get to know people :)

Pitchblackwolf

Freedom! Member
May 27, 2016
YouTube
I was kinda the same XD

The reason for me to open up was eventually with gaming where i was in a party with some good friends and slowly got to know other people. It is a process wich takes time but if you browse around the forums for example and interact with other people by leaving a reply on their post is a way to slowly get to know people :)

I'll try to do that a lot more, thanks, I really appreciate it! :D

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
It will come with practice, as will the confidence to initiate things. Psych yourself up before you record, and just say things, regardless of the content. It's almost a fake it until you make it situation.

Alchohol also helps, though i don't condone it if you're under age!

Speaking of age, time also helps as you become more comfortable in your own skin. I didnt gain much self confidence until i reached my twenties!

Get out there and just force yourself to talk to people. It will become less and less awkward i promise.

PRACTICE.

Pitchblackwolf

Freedom! Member
May 27, 2016
YouTube
It will come with practice, as will the confidence to initiate things. Psych yourself up before you record, and just say things, regardless of the content. It's almost a fake it until you make it situation.

Alchohol also helps, though i don't condone it if you're under age!

Speaking of age, time also helps as you become more comfortable in your own skin. I didnt gain much self confidence until i reached my twenties!

Get out there and just force yourself to talk to people. It will become less and less awkward i promise.

PRACTICE.

I've only been doing videos on this account for a few months and I can already see a difference in how much I talk. I've never tried psyching myself up before recording so I'll definitely give that a go! I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this, it means a lot! Thank you :D

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Thanks! And the same goes for you :D
Well it may be a bit off-topic but i am building a Gaming Community on Discord (Small group) where we talk about some random gaming stuff and such. My wife and some good friends of mine are also in this group and were all around the age of 20+
Maybe if you are interested you can join and socialize in a small community and chat along with us :)

Pitchblackwolf

Freedom! Member
May 27, 2016
YouTube
Well it may be a bit off-topic but i am building a Gaming Community on Discord (Small group) where we talk about some random gaming stuff and such. My wife and some good friends of mine are also in this group and were all around the age of 20+
Maybe if you are interested you can join and socialize in a small community and chat along with us :)

That would be pretty sweet actually. It would be a great way for me to start practicing talking to others and getting out of my comfort zone. :D

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
That would be pretty sweet actually. It would be a great way for me to start practicing talking to others and getting out of my comfort zone. :D
I have send you a PM with an invitation to the server. Were still a small group at the moment and everyone is friendly as we talk about random gaming things and such :)