YouTube Call of Duty: Copyright?

Keanan.chinyou

New User
Freedom! Member
May 28, 2017
YouTube
HellboySecond
Hey guys, i just wanted to know what sort of things i need to watch out for with Black ops 3, Copyright wise? Anyone know, as i dont want to get into trouble for posting something with copyrighted material :) Thanks!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Typically the normally come across very heavily with music associated with the game, though I have heard of times in which they have highlighted the visual content as copyright. Just be sure that you are using the clips inline with 'Fair Use' and you should be fine, or at least in a position to argue this should they place a claim on your video

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Were you thinking about playing zombies by yourself or as part of a group? If doing it yourself I would turn down / turn off the music (just to be safe) and then do some commentary over the gameplay to potentially get it to fall within fair use. Typically its very rare they would strike your video for it, normally they just claim it and stop you monetising it, but as its your channel and your video its up to you what you do with it and whether or not you take that chance