Not open for further replies.

ItsKapow

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Australia
YouTube
Hi forum, I have a serious concern. Is Freedom liking/viewing videos through peoples channels?

I looked on my Twitter today and it showed I liked 2 videos. "Cloud9 HyperX Meteos | 20 Questions" and "Natus Vincere Dendi | 20 Questions" from the channel Hyper X".

Also looking at my watch history, it shows i've been watching trailers from "Paramount Pictures Australia" which I have not.

This activity happened 4 hours ago but I was at work when this happened. I don't watch any Dota videos or heard of the company Hyper X.

Is Freedom liking/viewing videos through other peoples accounts or is Hyper X buying likes? I heard this happened with Yeousch in the past until they were bought out. I do feel its an invasion of privacy.

My guess is that they are buying views/likes from Freedom but I would just like to know.

I have emailed Hyper X and left a comment on the Freedom channel and awaiting a reply. Here are some screenshots.

Twitter linked with YouTube showing activity

YouTube watch history

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
I'm with MGN, and my watch history is devoid of anything strange. Are you sure your account isn't signed in on another device that somebody else may be watching with? Maybe a sibling or partner?
You can go to Google's account activity dashboard (LINK) to see what devices are logged in and how long ago their last activity was.
If you see any devices and aren't sure what they are, you can revoke their access. However, if you subnetwork is buying views you may want to open a ticket with partner support on their website. (LINK)
Please keep me informed as I would like to know what's happening and how it is resolved.

Upvote 0

ItsKapow

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Australia
YouTube
I'm with MGN, and my watch history is devoid of anything strange. Are you sure your account isn't signed in on another device that somebody else may be watching with? Maybe a sibling or partner?
You can go to Google's account activity dashboard (LINK) to see what devices are logged in and how long ago their last activity was.
If you see any devices and aren't sure what they are, you can revoke their access. However, if you subnetwork is buying views you may want to open a ticket with partner support on their website. (LINK)
Please keep me informed as I would like to know what's happening and how it is resolved.

I checked my recent devices and it only shows my own devices. There's also 2 apps authorized, Freedom and PewDie 'n' Friends which I know about. This is strange and have no idea how this happened but thought i'd change my password

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.