Building a $900 PC

Cameron Blair

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hey guys I'm thinking about building a PC. I'm gonna be using it for editing, streaming and maybe some gaming. However idk which parts I should pick for the best performance. My budget for the PC is $1,100 Canadian or $900 US Dollars. If anyone can help me pick out the PC parts that would be amazing. also don't worry about a nice case or a moniter, mice or keyboard. I got those handled.

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
I'll share my build, was about $800 cause I got a cheaper GPU, but of course your build can include a newer GPU.

• Gigabyte Gaming 3 Z170X Motherboard
  • Intel Core i5 6500
  • EVGA 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • EVGA GTX 950 SSC
  • 250GB Samsung Evo SSD
  • 1TB WD Black Drive HDD
  • 320GB Seagate HDD
  • Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
  • Windows 10

I also added little things like a DVD Drive, LEDs, Case fans, etc. But total cost was around $800, and it performs beautifully.

SimplyTech

New User
Aug 23, 2016
YouTube
If you have a specific colour scheme feel free to let me know and I will change the build according to it. This is a black/red themed build, it is $80 over your budget, but I don't know what everyone else thinks but I think in the long run the $80 will save you money. Since there is no point buying a 9** series GPU at the moment.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I poked around on PCPartPicker, but I really think that in order to get the best content creation performance, you're going to need to go a little over your budget, wait if you have to. You can migrate the hard drive to the new computer to use as a boot drive and use your current monitor (assuming you're on a desktop right now, you should be if you're a content creator).
What I built here costs just $100 more than your budget, but that's worth it for the mile of performance increases over what a 960/950 and an i5 would do.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xFqLPs
SPECS:
i7-6700K - Overclockable SKU.
Corsair H80i - All-in-one sealed no hassle watercooling loop.
ASROCK Z170 - For overclocking, better performance per dollar.
G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB RAM - 16GB or bust.
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - 1TB or bust.
EVGA GeForce GTX1060 6GB - Mid-range performance king.
NZXT S340 - Actually just this so you can mount the H80i.
Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze - Efficient and enough wattage.

NOT INCLUDED
Monitors, peripherals, operating system, SSD.

Again, just migrate your current drive to the new computer to serve as the boot drive. An SSD is a luxury, and on a budget high-power computer like this, you'll still be free to get one down the road.