Break - how long until subs leave

HypahYT

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2016
YouTube
taking a short holiday - If I could record and edit believe me I 100% would but I dont have a laptop.
how long until subs think im dead and leave
[video link removed see forum rules]

Last edited by a moderator:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think most of the dedicated subs will stick around, the only ones that will leave will probably be ones that weren't really watching and this has given them a reason to unsub. I still don't see why anyone would unsub if a channel takes a break, they get no notifications if they stick around only once the channel is back. If the unsub they will just never know when the channel is back...

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Unlikely anyone would unsubscribe unless you were taking a super long break without warning. If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time it would probably be good to let your viewers know.

Though honestly any kind of break at all it would probably be best to let them know. For example if you upload daily and are taking a few days off you should let them know so they don't freak out.

It seems you did let them know though so you already have it covered. You'll be fine.

Giedre

Respected User
May 25, 2016
Denmark
YouTube
I was not uploading anything for a month or so ..and nobody left me.. ( cuz I almost did not have anyone anyway) and then some left after I uploaded some new videos...so I thought : they must have really hated my new work :DD anyway, I think don't worry too much. If you need, just take the break and get back to your channel whenever you are ready. The ones who liked you in the first place will still be there waiting for your new creations :)

Good luck!!!

YouTube Coach

New User
Sep 1, 2016
United States
taking a short holiday - If I could record and edit believe me I 100% would but I dont have a laptop.
how long until subs think im dead and leave
[video link removed see forum rules]
If your previous videos helped or entertained your audience or subscribers then, they won't leave. Most of all organic subscribers won't leave your channel because, they subscribed you for a reason. Means, you've few videos that makes them happy to watch. So, don't worry about losing your subscribers. Yes, if you upload silly and ******* ass videos like irrelevant videos on your channel then, you might be lose your subcribers.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
depends on how much you upload usually. but if you make a video where you tell that you wil be on holiday for a while. then you lose the less subs ;)

HypahYT

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2016
YouTube
depends on how much you upload usually. but if you make a video where you tell that you wil be on holiday for a while. then you lose the less subs ;)
im back I lose and gained lol I think overall I ended up losing 1 but im uploading daily now

Reactions: ekloo

M4DKiLLA

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2016
Wales
madkilla.com
YouTube
I would say some people may not unsubscribe but they may forget about you. The only way you be forgotten about is when you stop pushing content on your channel.

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
When i went on break for a few months from October 2015 i lost a decent amount of subs over the time i had a "break"
but alot returned once they found out i was back to some extent.

My channel is now bigger then ever.. even though im not uploading and recording on the scale i was before i went on break

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Well, you can always like upload a lot of videos beforehand, there is a scheduled option within your upload section (in the drop down list), so use that if you're going on a holiday, any and all creators of YouTube should use that option if they're going away for couple of days, weeks, month, cos then your subscribers have something to watch in worthwhile.

Reactions: Original Gamesters