Blue Snowball

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
Hey there Freedom! community, Liam here :)

I was wondering since I am going, and starting a new channel with a friend, if the blue snowball would make a great, and handy microphone as a start? I want good quality, I also know that everything is not just the microphone, but I at least want a clear, and good audio to entertain my followers or subscribers.

Would you recommend it as a microphone for Gaming?

Reference Microphone: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microp...=1447534579&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+snowball+mic

Reactions: Brent Cone

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
YES! It's a really good microphone for commentary & Gaming so yes! You should go for that one! :D I use the Blue Yeti, That one is just a LITTLE bit better but it costs a little more! But both of them are AWESOME & a LOT of popular Youtubers use them! :D

Reactions: Vϟlt

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
YES! It's a really good microphone for commentary & Gaming so yes! You should go for that one! :D I use the Blue Yeti, That one is just a LITTLE bit better but it costs a little more! But both of them are AWESOME & a LOT of popular Youtubers use them! :D
Oh really? I was planning on going for the Yeti, until I saw the price and honestly, totally forgot about the Snowball.

Thank you, mate!

Reactions: Brent Cone

MarketMan

Play - Make - Draw
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
Illinois, United States
YouTube
Oh really? I was planning on going for the Yeti, until I saw the price and honestly, totally forgot about the Snowball.

Thank you, mate!

The thing about the yeti is that while it IS the top quality mic, its also hypersensitive... So if you plan to record, it will pick up EVERYTHING... The blue snowball is a bit better at background noise, but since both are very high quality mics, there's bound to be some :/ hope this helps!

For reference, you can check out my games with gold videos, since i use a homemade sound booth for full advantage over the blue snowball :p

(I chose the video for last month, since i kinda fucked up the audio for this month while editing, so it sounds weird to me)

sodaholiczir

Rising User
Nov 14, 2015
YouTube
That was the first microphone i had,i would definitely recommend it but it all depends on your surrounding. If there isn't much background noise then i would say go for it

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
The thing about the yeti is that while it IS the top quality mic, its also hypersensitive... So if you plan to record, it will pick up EVERYTHING... The blue snowball is a bit better at background noise, but since both are very high quality mics, there's bound to be some :/ hope this helps!

For reference, you can check out my games with gold videos, since i use a homemade sound booth for full advantage over the blue snowball :p

(I chose the video for last month, since i kinda fucked up the audio for this month while editing, so it sounds weird to me)

Thank you, I shall check it out!

That was the first microphone i had,i would definitely recommend it but it all depends on your surrounding. If there isn't much background noise then i would say go for it

Thank you for the advice @All

Gameolus

Apr 1, 2015
YouTube
Just one thing to look out for its an omnidirectional mic meaning it picks up sound from every angle so if where you're recording is a bit noisy it will literally pick up everything around you from quite far away I know because i own one xD if that wont be a problem for you get it it records with amazing quality