LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a Blue Snowball ICE but I've been having some problems. The mic is too quiet, I've looked up all the solutions I could find but nothing works. I unplugged it from the USB port and plugged it back in, used a different port, and turned the volume up in the device settings. I saw online that for the Blue Snowball there is a switch on the back that helps with the problem but the ICE does not have that, there is a plastic panel where the switch would be. I also use Mrillis Action to record and my voice volume is at 80 while the game volume is at 20.
Does anyone know what to do that could help?

Thank you,
LtGeneralStore Gaming

SideKick

Rising User
Jul 9, 2015
YouTube
That seems odd. Did you make sure you have the right microphone selected in your recording software? Maybe try and update the driver?

The Eternal Dreamers

Founder of the band "the dreamers"
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
www.theetenraldreamersl.com
YouTube
what I would do is boost the gain in whatever recording software you are using. basically, you need to raise the input volume of that mic in the software. if you are using something like game capture or OBS to record gameplay you should be able to raise the input volume in that software

ColdPhantom

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 12, 2016
Holland
YouTube
you can use Voicemeeter to enhance and louden your audio, also its free :) (but make sure you start it before you record anything and select their VAC (virtual audio cable) otherwise it wont pick up your mic at all)