Best way to setup your youtube video titles???

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
As the title above asks. ^^

I've noticed some people put the title of what they are recording first while others put it last. Trying to grow my channel but struggle getting noticed as it is been a small youtuber.

Would love to here everyone opinion on this and what they do with their video titles.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I usually put the game first then then the interesting thing in the video later because I don't want to make my viewers click on a video just because they saw that title, I do it a little bit but most of the time I put the interesting thing at the end

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
As the title above asks. ^^

I've noticed some people put the title of what they are recording first while others put it last. Trying to grow my channel but struggle getting noticed as it is been a small youtuber.

Would love to here everyone opinion on this and what they do with their video titles.
I like making titles that have puns in them, but only when I feel creative that day. You should definitely focus on search engine optimization as well, because getting noticed is key ^^

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
It depends on the games popularity.

You dont want the same titles as markipier, or pewdiepie, or zack scott, or any of the other million plus subscriber channels...

You just wont win in a battle for search ranking with them...

But if its a new game that not many people are playing you can go with the basic title episode number.. or whatever

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
For me the game title is in the middle and the episode title is at the end.

Kratos plays (Insert Game Title here) Part ##: Insert Title here

Here is a recent example of mine.

Kratos plays Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Part 38: Little Forehead Growing Up

Why did I select Little Forehead Growing Up as my title? Because it was a line from a character in the game that I got a kick out of hearing XD

I don't do it all the time though. Sometimes I quote things from the episode in the title like above (Sometimes the quote comes from me. It's not always the in game character). Sometimes I'll briefly describe an event from the episode and other times I'll name a new character as the episode title. An episode I just scheduled for Castlevania Aria of Sorrow for example had the episode title Mr. J because I met that character in that episode.

Cameron White

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2016
YouTube
Use capital letters. That's the one thing I hate, when a person dosen't use capital letters in a title. Also tell people what actually happens. For example I would do " PS4 - Star Wars Battlefront - THE DARK SIDE" :)

Reactions: UnstoppableFrost

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
make it pop out like "Eating Shrooms in Mario.." You want to make it stand out.

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
There's no "right" way to do it, but my personal favorite is putting some funny, eye-catching title, followed by what the video is covering.

For example, I titled my latest vlog:
3 Weirdly Adorable Buys! | Cracker Barrel Haul