MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I have recently started up my youtube channel and seem to be having a low amount of traffic flow, I was wondering whats the best way to get people to find your channel? I realise that I[ts still early days yet but was wondering if theres something I could be doing to help the process?

Twinsplus

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2015
YouTube
I have recently started up my youtube channel and seem to be having a low amount of traffic flow, I was wondering whats the best way to get people to find your channel? I realise that I[ts still early days yet but was wondering if theres something I could be doing to help the process?

Upload frequent videos, Share on social media outlets such as facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. , Rank your videos higher by putting relevant keywords in the tags, title, and description, interact with the community by commenting on videos and posting in forums such as this. Never do sub 4 sub, buy views/ subscribers. And most importantly, just create entertaining videos that you enjoy making! There are probably more tips and tricks that you could do, but these are the most important ones from what I can gather :)

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Low amount of traffic for a new channel is usual but you can make a massive difference if you do some or all of the following:
  • Make great quality content
  • Make videos that your viewers actually want
  • Don't rush your videos
  • Upload regularly
  • Have a set upload schedule (you can make videos in advance and use youtubers schedule tool)
  • Interact with your viewers by replying to comments
  • Make your channel design stand out
  • Learn how to do SEO properly, trust me it helps.
  • Write a thorough description
  • Have fun and make videos about what you like so it's less boring
  • Collaborate with others
  • Write a good about page
  • Use cards to your advantage
  • Use call to actions
  • Have end cards in your videos
  • Have a good intro
  • Have a good channel trailer
  • 5 second rule, in each video put a snippet of your most exciting moment first then your intro, if you can't find and exciting moment then rethink the video.
  • Watch your video before you upload
  • Share your videos across social networks.
  • Watch channels like video creators, Darrel eaves, nick nimmin and more.
  • Don't make your videos too long.
  • Follow your passion. Mine is filmmaking so I have a filmmaking channel but I also have a gaming channel just for fun.
I personally am struggling to grow my channel but I have worked with fairly large creators to help grow their channels and I have previously had big channels myself. The only reason you won't see end screens at the end of most my videos is because it doesn't suit them. But you will find end screens on my gaming videos.
I hope I have helped.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Creating tutorials are a good way for people to search for content. The main reason I have seen gaming channels grow is they have had a tutorial on a specific thing and that gained a high amount of search traffic. Can also try reddit, but you have to be very careful where to post and can get a lot of hate from there.

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Low amount of traffic for a new channel is usual but you can make a massive difference if you do some or all of the following:
  • Don't rush your videos
  • Upload regularly
  • Have a set upload schedule (you can make videos in advance and use youtubers schedule tool)
  • Use call to actions
  • Have a good intro
  • 5 second rule, in each video put a snippet of your most exciting moment first then your intro, if you can't find and exciting moment then rethink the video.
  • Follow your passion. Mine is filmmaking so I have a filmmaking channel but I also have a gaming channel just for fun.
I personally am struggling to grow my channel but I have worked with fairly large creators to help grow their channels and I have previously had big channels myself. The only reason you won't see end screens at the end of most my videos is because it doesn't suit them. But you will find end screens on my gaming videos.
I hope I have helped.
This, but I will add a few 'don'ts' to this mix.

DO NOT
  • Self-Advertise, it attracts people that do the thing below, which hurts your channel.
  • Use any metric sharing 'techniques' (Sub4Sub, view4view, etc.)
  • Make a video that makes you think "that'll do...", only make great.

SilencedShadow 1HK

Rising User
May 18, 2016
YouTube
not much to say, but if anyone has any tips to help my channel get noticed more it'd be really appreciated. I'd like it if someone could possibly review my channel and see what I could change or improve on. Work I make is slightly similar to Tyrannicon (My favorite utuber and inspiration). Note: I'm trying to go for an All Dark Souls 3 Channel at the moment. Thanks if anyone could help out Freedom Family. I'd appreciate getting noticed just as much as anyone else, we are Freedom Family, let us help eachother grow. :)

Fluke

Rising User
Jun 14, 2016
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I'm in the same position i recently started creating content and was looking for ways to get noticed, i think social media and forums are a big part but just trying to constantly improve the quality of your videos is bound to get you somewhere ;) at least that's what i'm trying to do.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Upload frequent videos, Share on social media outlets such as facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. , Rank your videos higher by putting relevant keywords in the tags, title, and description, interact with the community by commenting on videos and posting in forums such as this. Never do sub 4 sub, buy views/ subscribers. And most importantly, just create entertaining videos that you enjoy making! There are probably more tips and tricks that you could do, but these are the most important ones from what I can gather :)
thanks for the help, appreciated

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
  • Don't rush your videos
  • Upload regularly
  • Use call to actions
  • Have a good intro
I hope I have helped.
thanks for the advice! will try some of that definite.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Creating tutorials are a good way for people to search for content. The main reason I have seen gaming channels grow is they have had a tutorial on a specific thing and that gained a high amount of search traffic. Can also try reddit, but you have to be very careful where to post and can get a lot of hate from there.
yea ok thanks maybe will look into it

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
For a gaming channel is may be a tough job to grow as many people have one, besides that new games are mostly taken by the bigger channels.

But! If the passion is burning then everything is possible, most important in my opinion is that you need to know what way you want to walk. Wich direction do you want to take with your channel? Once you have a plan start out with 1 or 2 games you like to play and complete it into a series. Along the road maybe make a montage of the some of your best moments to add some spice.

Besides that alot of tips already have been said above but stay dedicated and motivated while making your content.

What you could also try to do is livestream from time to time to attract some additional audience :)

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
For a gaming channel is may be a tough job to grow as many people have one, besides that new games are mostly taken by the bigger channels.

But! If the passion is burning then everything is possible, most important in my opinion is that you need to know what way you want to walk. Wich direction do you want to take with your channel? Once you have a plan start out with 1 or 2 games you like to play and complete it into a series. Along the road maybe make a montage of the some of your best moments to add some spice.

Besides that alot of tips already have been said above but stay dedicated and motivated while making your content.

What you could also try to do is livestream from time to time to attract some additional audience :)
Thanks for the advice, i have already tried alot of what you said however im unsure to whether the content is any good. Still early days yet. Anyway mauch appreciated