Best recording software? Best Editing software?

Fishlord

Rising User
Jan 3, 2016
YouTube
I started my channel about two months ago now and I was wondering what you guys were thinking. What do you think is the best recording software out there. Also what do you guys think is the best editing software out there right now?

Ethan Wu

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2015
YouTube
Well I think that OBS MP or OBS is the best because it doesn't cause much lag and can stream both. For my current channel I use OBS MP. For editing I use Adobe Premiere Pro, I don't know about you but I'm like Premiere Pro because its easy and familiar to me.

Reactions: Fishlord

Bluecoaster455MC

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2016
YouTube
Bluecoaster455i
I use OBS to record video, audacity for voice and Adobe Premiere Pro for the Editing. For some reason, Adobe Premiere Pro rendered lightning speed for my last video of 14 minutes and 720p. It completed the render in 5 minutes and I don't even have a really good PC for video editing. I was so surprise but that was weird.

thekrillmeister

Freedom! Member
Dxtory is the best software imo, i use it when i want to record gameplay with or without mic simultaneously or later add commentary recorded with Audacity or any other software.
Its great and the videoquality is awesome. It can record up to over 100fps, as there is no fps cap, as long as your videocard is good enough. It even supports alot of codecs if you want to get the best possible recording quality.
But the downside is that the filesizes are quite big.

When you want to record videos, with overlays, facecam, voicerecording from mic, and many other sources such as a capturecard and even Livestream simultaneously, then OBS is great.
The filsizes are small as it records in .flv or .mp4 but the downside is that it has a 60fps cap.

Here is videos for comparison;
Recorded with OBS, while i simultaneously did a livestream:

Recorded with Dxtory with voiceover from my Blu Snowball mic:

Dxtory costs money but its quite cheap: http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html
OBS is free: https://obsproject.com/[DOUBLEPOST=1453162378][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to mention.
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC for editing and sometimes Adobe After Effects CC for cool effects plus Photoshop to create thumbnails.
You can get the Creative Cloud, and pay monthly as a subscription base plan, and get either one or two software or every Adobe software.
I pay 50 $/month for my supscription plan and it gives me every app that the Creative Cloud has to offer.

http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishlord

Tech n'More

New User
Jan 1, 2016
I dont really record my computer screen as I focus on more Tech then tutorials but when I do, I use OBS. To edit, I use Sony Vegas Pro 13.

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
I started off using Windows Movie Maker, which was worked for me until I needed more advanced effects such as color correction, anti-shake and editing in 4k (Windows Movie Maker doesn't do 4k) Then I migrated to Adobe Premier Pro, I love Premier but it's very advanced and not for everyone. Sony Vegas is cheaper and I would have migrated to it but I already had many years of prior experience in Adobe Premier.