Best Place To Stream Twitch Or YouTube?

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Twitch has the best interactions and plugins but youtube is the untapped market atm, it truly depends on what you are after, streaming people generally like to watch streams more than videos so its best to do the twitch unless you want to try and increase traffic to your channel then go to the tubes

TSpr0tege

Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2014
YouTube
Each has their own considerations.

• Twitch is more function built for gaming exclusively, but YouTube is starting to catch up.
  • YT also has a slightly more open market potential, as there aren't as many streamers to get lost among. I would expect it to be easier to get discovered on YT.
  • There is the potential benefit of having stream watchers on YT translate directly to subscribers.
  • YouTube is having issues with DMCA take-downs and pouring all your energies into that one platform may backfire.
  • Twitch, however, is starting to have similar, large corporation issues (ie: TotalBiscuit's wife just got banned)
  • There is also Hitbox now which is growing in popularity, and not suffering from the same censorship issues.
Speaking personally, I'm partial to YouTube because of the potential to earn subs and getting spontaneously discovered seems more likely. By the same token, as my channel grows, I have every intention of hedging myself against getting all my content shutdown and (eventually) making a transition to Twitch and/or Hitbox.

Dragjae55

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
Each has their own considerations.

• Twitch is more function built for gaming exclusively, but YouTube is starting to catch up.
  • YT also has a slightly more open market potential, as there aren't as many streamers to get lost among. I would expect it to be easier to get discovered on YT.
  • There is the potential benefit of having stream watchers on YT translate directly to subscribers.
  • YouTube is having issues with DMCA take-downs and pouring all your energies into that one platform may backfire.
  • Twitch, however, is starting to have similar, large corporation issues (ie: TotalBiscuit's wife just got banned)
  • There is also Hitbox now which is growing in popularity, and not suffering from the same censorship issues.
Speaking personally, I'm partial to YouTube because of the potential to earn subs and getting spontaneously discovered seems more likely. By the same token, as my channel grows, I have every intention of hedging myself against getting all my content shutdown and (eventually) making a transition to Twitch and/or Hitbox.
My problem is I stream from my ps4 so they only let you stream to twitch or youtube

LTZ Gamer

Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2016
YouTube
I started streaming on Hitbox. I really like the way it look. Also there are not as many streamers there, so (in theory) it's easy to grow. Unless you're me,

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
It depends on your traffic. If you have more people following you on YouTube, stay with YouTube, if you have more followers on Twitch, stay with Twitch.

Breezy123

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2016
England
YouTube
I advise not to upload raw streams to youtube because tbh not many people are going to watch them through. I advise twitch because it is a lot easier to get new viewers and although they might not all stay its still easier than youtube.

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
Has anyone tried this method? ^^^ restream.io ??? Sounds very intresting wondering if its possible to see all the chats from the website as well??
Used Restream io my self seems to be alright though i never seem to get any views but is good way to stream to multiple places at once without the cost of using more bandwidth or deciding which to stream on. Though i keep having problems with Twitch buffering all the time no matter how many settings i change. XD