Best Place To Stream Twitch Or YouTube?

Dragjae55

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
I'm just thinking since I will start getting back into streaming. The main reason I said YouTube is because it saves videos which that can help my channel. However I have 117 followers on twitch already just don't stream much.

Reactions: Meetoo Meetoo

Krimson Cobra

Rising User
Sep 9, 2014
Colorado
YouTube
I use OBS which allows you to both stream and record the stream at the same time so you can then go back and edit it as well and make it a really good video instead of an hour or longer video with only some good parts in it!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I think you should stream wherever your fan base is... i stream on youtube cause that is where my subscribers are...

If i stream on twitch no one watches

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
personally I prefer twitch as there's more of an audience and like there's more plugins and things you can do with twitch like subs afaik
idk if YouTube gaming has this stuff tho

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
I've started to stream on both platforms again but views wise YouTube Gaming is better. I get a lot more views and also helps with subs.

But streaming on Twitch is also good depending on what time of the day you stream and what game you're playing. If there's a 'big' streamer on the game I'm playing I don't bother as I won't get many or anyone watching :)

GhostTank

Rising User
Freedom! Member
You can use the website restream.io which allowes you to stream on multiple streaming sites, Like youtube, Twitch, HitBox etc. You can stream on as many sites as you want via this site.

So, You could stream on Youtube for you Youtube Subs and stream on Twitch and try to get noticed.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!

GhostTank

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Has anyone tried this method? ^^^ restream.io ??? Sounds very intresting wondering if its possible to see all the chats from the website as well??
I used restream.io before when I used to stream. I streamed to Twitch, Hitbox and Youtube.
I never used the option Show Chats but there is the option and showes all 3 chats at the same time, divided by columns

Edit: I just went on restream.io and I saw they made a Windows App for Multichat, so I guess you could use that as well.

Last edited:

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
I found that streaming on YouTube makes it a lot easier for your channel to be noticed. I've only done a few streams on YouTube, but from the past stream I gained 10 new subscribers just by coincidence that they saw I was streaming something they wanted to watch.

Meetoo Meetoo

Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
I'm just thinking since I will start getting back into streaming. The main reason I said YouTube is because it saves videos which that can help my channel. However I have 117 followers on twitch already just don't stream much.
i think you should still stream on twitch since u have a big fan base oyu can set it save your videos and just link your twitch channel on YouTube it will help your channel grow

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
I prefer to stream on YouTube because its easier for my Subs to see it, and it uploads literally right when the stream ends.
Brother, your Sub button is reading "Error", do check the link below to fix it