Best equipment

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
It's really up to you and what fits your needs. For a channel starting off you can just stick with a headset and computer. You can even avoid Elgato by using inbuilt recording in consoles.
Just get a good screen capture software like OBS if your looking for a free one.
For free editing software go for hitfilm 4.
You can probably get away with a standard webcam but if your more serious look for cheap video cameras.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Since you're looking for the best. I'll be pointing out the BEST for the variety of different content production styles.

GAMING (console)
Any current-gen console; PS4/XB One.
A separate microphone; Either AT2020 or Blue Yeti, both are praised by large YouTubers.
An external capture card; The Elgato is your best bet.
A laptop to record the feeds; Something with an i5 minimum and at least 1 TB of storage.
[Looking for an editing PC? That's doubled with the gaming PC]

Vlogging
Canon 80D, or any current major camera with articulating screen AND a hotshoe mount.
Shure VP83 or Rode Videomic Pro; Shure takes AA batteries, Rode takes 9V. (I vote Shure)
Lexar 1000x 128GB SD card (you can get a 2 pack pretty cheap on Amazon, but never spend more than $1/gb)
Joby Gorillapod (for moving around)
Manfrotto tripod [pick one] (for talking head)

PC Gaming / Editing.
This - http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4D4L9W
Powerful enough game and edit for yeaars to come and more storage than you'll ever know what to do with.
(offline backup of videos perhaps?)