Best Aspect Of Video Games?

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
I really feel like the best aspect of playing video games is playing them for the first time. I just finished my playthrough of Life Is Strange and its ending is just incredibly impactive, it really got me tearing up as the outro sequence gone on.

There's just something so magical about not knowing what's going to come next in a video game, and that keeps me begging for more. Games like The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead, and An Elysian Tail are just a few games out of plenty more that keeps me intrigued and mesmerized till the end.

What is your favorite aspect of playing video games?

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Some players like great graphics and amazing machine performances, but to me the more important aspect is the story of it, how "addictive" it was during the gameplay. I've played games that had a huge impact in my "player life", let's call it so. Games such as Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us and Bioshock. Some of these, have/had amazing graphics, but they have actually the best stories I've ever heard while playing. And to proof that graphics are not everything to me, I would recommend another game, Metal Gear Solid. I was never a "action" guy, but this game is simply one of a kind.

Reactions: Thunderbolt

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Story, characters and music combined. I do enjoy me a game with good story, adding to that characters that I care about throughout the story and music put in really epic moments, or sad moments, or beautiful moments that surround the characters.

I guess an example brought by one of you guys is Metal Gear Solid series. I was always interested in the Metal Gear games for their story, and only managed to play Revengeance and Solid 5 so far.

Tales of Zestiria is one recent example, playing the beginning parts and loving it for how much it has to offer in terms of establishing the world, characters etc. getting me interested in seeing more of the game.

I do enjoy good visual novels, I like to read and do enjoy good romance.
Bioshock, Witcher etc. tons of games with good stories to them

Gizar

Freedom! Member
Of course it's going to be the gameplay. If the graphics are awesome but the gameplay is an utter failure, it wouldn't be a great game. Sure, it's going to appeal to our eyes, but the feeling of total immersion games always gives us is not going to be complete if the gameplay is very bad.

Reactions: Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
Of course it's going to be the gameplay. If the graphics are awesome but the gameplay is an utter failure, it wouldn't be a great game. Sure, it's going to appeal to our eyes, but the feeling of total immersion games always gives us is not going to be complete if the gameplay is very bad.

I agree. A great example of your point is Minecraft.

Reactions: Gizar