Being threaten by someone for recording them on YouTube.

C

Corpfox

So, I posted an entertaining video called; TF2: Not Hacking.

Its a montage of someone accusing me of hacking as the Huntsman. IF you don't know, a Huntsman is a Sniper with a Bow and Arrow. So, you'll rarely see a hacker with that load-out.

He has reported me for hacking and now reporting me to remove the video.

This is the first time someone has threaten me to remove a video. Normally, YouTube warns me to remove a video. Anyways, what would you do? And is this a common thing?

Cadillac9998

Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
New Jersey
YouTube
Cadillac_Gaming

Its a montage of someone accusing me of hacking as the Huntsman. IF you don't know, a Huntsman is a Sniper with a Bow and Arrow. So, you'll rarely see a hacker with that load-out.

This is the first time someone has threaten me to remove a video. Normally, YouTube warns me to remove a video. Anyways, what would you do? And is this a common thing?
send a happy reply saying, "welcome to show biz. Don't want the internet to see you do something embarrassing? Don't do it then" because reality is, as long as his FULL name, face, address, and/or other personal information isn't released or displayed or said in your video..... There is no legal actions that can be taken against you. So just laugh along with the rest of your subscribers and brush off the threats.

C

Corpfox

send a happy reply saying, "welcome to show biz. Don't want the internet to see you do something embarrassing? Don't do it then" because reality is, as long as his FULL name, face, address, and/or other personal information isn't released or displayed or said in your video..... There is no legal actions that can be taken against you. So just laugh along with the rest of your subscribers and brush off the threats.

I have left a brief link and picture of his profile from Steam. I guess I can remove that.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

That's weird that someone wanted you to remove the video. I've never come across someone that wants the video taken down, but I'm sure it can be common. In video games, I feel like they won't be able to get a video removed.

SluiceGoose

Rising User
Mar 31, 2016
Washington
YouTube
I dont know about other countries but here in the US, the internet is like walking down the side of the street. The SCOTUS (Supreme Court Of The United States) has ruled that going into public, is, by default, giving up your right to privacy. So if you are on the interwebs doing stupid stuff, you can be held liable for it and anyone or any entity can film you doing it.

I'd tell the guy to go suck on a turdcicle.

-Goose

C

Corpfox

So, I re-uploaded the video and removed all public information from that specific player.

There is a policy from YouTube about not allowed to release public information, however, his voice-chat is not part of it, so that stays put.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
As far as I know recording others ingame is fine and part of public domain. Long as you don't show any information about the individual. That being said try your best not to make any enemies online as it's really not worth the bother. If you do keep the video up try not to escalate it.