Tips & Tricks Being a let's play channel! [WARNING: Videos contain mature language]

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

I wanted to make a thread where I'll be sharing my personal ideas and tips to make YOU better at commentating over some simple games.

Tip number one:
Don't be boring - by that I mean, be active in talking, talk about the game's environment, talk about how are you going to be doing it also sometimes you can talk about really random stuff, I don't know if I am able to post videos here, but I will share an educated (not really) but a person who constantly talks which can educate you about being commentator and how to do it actively;

(Warning to the staff, I'm not posting these to advertise the channel or the video of the channels over, I'm sharing these for education propose and show how to actually do it - So please do not remove the video, since they have propose to the thread and are valuable information; thanks)

Video Number One (one of his FIRST VIDEOS - 8 years ago):

Video Number Two (another video - 8 years ago):

Video Number Three (Him playing Fear - 7 years ago):

Video Number Four (Him Playing WaW (CoD world at War) - 7 years ago):

Video Number Five (Playing some Dead Space) - 6 years ago):

Video Number Six and Seven (Playing Call of Duty: IW and Dishonored 2):

I am making this thread to make you understand that, nobody really wants to watch a dude when they sound bored, yes this may seem like I am advertising my favorite YouTuber of all times, but all I'm doing is just to show case how he was so many years ago to what he is now, and make you understand that process is hard thing and you need to cope with it.

Take care guys, I sincerely hope you found this thread helpful and to boost yourself into further achievements when it comes to YouTube, no matter how hard it'll be for you.

<3

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Don't use much commentary myself as i just dislike talking during gaming XD

But for those who do this though i can relate how this is important to know, when i watch video's of others and then someone has no clue what to talk about is something that doesn't attract and makes one click away.
What i personally dislike is when i'm watching something like Cod for example and then the conversation the youtuber begins is about a Mario game... you play Cod MP and talk about Mario that is not a match in my eyes.
For those who beast in games and talk on-topic on the other hand is what keeps me watching as the commentary is on-topic and interesting along with the gameplay shown :)

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Don't use much commentary myself as i just dislike talking during gaming XD

But for those who do this though i can relate how this is important to know, when i watch video's of others and then someone has no clue what to talk about is something that doesn't attract and makes one click away.
What i personally dislike is when i'm watching something like Cod for example and then the conversation the youtuber begins is about a Mario game... you play Cod MP and talk about Mario that is not a match in my eyes.
For those who beast in games and talk on-topic on the other hand is what keeps me watching as the commentary is on-topic and interesting along with the gameplay shown :)

Posted the videos for morely for those who wanna or plan to do YouTube let's plays, doing these kinds of things isn't easy, as shown on these videos I posted, being not boring and staying on topic and hyping it up more by speaking about random stuff is way to keep it not much boring, like if there is nothing exciting going on gameplay wise, so then you speak about other stuff outside of the game.