YouTube Avoiding YouTube Beef

3hab Music

New User
So have you ever been told a "Follow back or else I'm following" type comment? Well, I did.
I replied " No thanks, work on your approach, and try again."
Even though i'm setting myself up, I didn't even really insult him.
Then he deletes his comment, and almost immediately two different accounts message
me saying:
"You're trash, give it up"
"Guess you have to start over now"

I look all my videos had 5 thumbs down!!!!( before I had none!)

I made light of the situation and pinned his comment, a few subscribers clowned him, I got him good about morality when his YouTube video was about homelessness, He deleted his video!! LOL!!!
Then I flagged and deleted the messages.

Moral of the story is had I known, I would have just blocked his channel from the beginning and never responded!
This could have been very avoidable, so

AVOID YOUTUBE BEEF< GO VEGAN!!!

~3hab

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I think we have all been the victim of YouTube trolls, and insensitive people who want to get big quick, without working for it. The moment you show them any bit of negative attention - for example by saying no to them, then they think they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. At the end of the day even thumbs down count as interactions on your channel and will be influencing the SEO so really his idle threats and comments did nothing. The one's I hate the worst is when people use the 'great video, come check me out' lines, or try and be like 'oh i have music on my channel you might like' - and then leave links. Luckily I've got it set up that anything with a link is auto flagged and needs to be approved before going live on my channel.

Reactions: 3hab Music

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
So have you ever been told a "Follow back or else I'm following" type comment? Well, I did.
Then he deletes his comment, and almost immediately two different accounts message
me saying:

I made light of the situation and pinned his comment, a few subscribers clowned him, I got him good about morality when his YouTube video was about homelessness, He deleted his video!! LOL!!!

Moral of the story is had I known, I would have just blocked his channel from the beginning and never responded!

~3hab

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do. I had a similar experience earlier this yea, had like 200 different videos been disliked and spammed with horrible comments. I reported the comments this person left and block them from posting. Although it's so easy to make another account and just continue if you get someone who is very persistent.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
Sometimes YouTube beef can help you. Look at Ricegum and Jake Paul, they got into multiple YouTube beef and it helped them sky rocketed up. You're beef wouldn't be on that level big but you could still use it as an advantage to grow more.

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
Lol! People are so... sad. XD

I had much the same experience when I started. A guy wanted to do a sub for sub, trying to be nice, I told him I would check out his channel, and if I like it I would sub.

He got a little aggressive after that, telling me my channel sucked and it was awful (the usual :p). I told him (like you) his approach was bad, and if he'd had been nicer I would have instead shared his channel, or help in some other way.

He kept being an idiot, and so I just ignored him and he went away.

But yeah, you're not always sure who they are or when they will strike. XD

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
me saying:

~3hab
I feel you, been down the road as well where one simple comment can change a lot of things. I took the friendly approach and basically told i had no interest in such thing and then it began. A dislike bomb and hate comment spree like never seen before and all that was done with a simple block the users move. Since then never had it again :p

DigitalDollyEh

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2014
Canada
YouTube
DigitalDollyEh
not to that extent but i did have one person constantly asking me to subscribe to them. the first time they posted i said i would check out their channel. which i did but just something iam not interested in watching.
after a week i noticed a new comment from the same person telling me that i did not subscribe to them and they will no longer promote my videos .

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
is my spam filter bad for blocking 90% of that (when its all the comments i ever get)

That said I recently put up a video for a company my dad owns and got a fancy 10 of those comments before just setting the whole channel to "hold everything for review". For stuff like that in my opinion censorship is not a bad thing

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
Regardless of negativity, that's still interaction with your channel and still help it grow rather than ignoring it all together. So, they are feeding your channel regardless.