Average Channel Growth

Heroheart85

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 3, 2015
YouTube
Realistic goals. That's basically what it comes down to. Im curious as to what a steady pace of subscribers or Views is normal. From lets say during your 1st month, to a year. Maybe an example of slow or fast if you want to share. I have about 60,000 views on my channel and I started about 2-3 weeks ago. It was a spike from Reddit, and I got 130 subs from it. Now my vids get a consistant 100+ within a couple days. My subs have flat lined since then. I beat myself up sometimes but then I tell myself,"dude, its only been 15 days, calm yourself". Opinions?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I've been doing youtube for 3 years. I've had my ups and downs..
But I generally gain one sub a day on average... but I also lose subs every so often.

All in all, I'm almost at 1000 after 3 years.

Reactions: Heroheart85

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
It depends a lot on the type of content you do. Think it took around 5 months for me to get to the first 100 subs then I got another 100 subs the day I posted posted my 100 sub special video. Sounds like you are growing very fast for just 2-3 weeks though so don't be too disconcerted if growth dies down a bit.

lightningforce

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
lightningforce9
YouTube is a strange place in regards to growth. I've had weeks where I've lost subscriber's. Then like last week where I gained 10. I've hit 120,000 views but that's really thanks to 5 or 6 videos. I think your right in regards to realistic goals. I've seen people suddenly get a massive subscriber hit and other people who have taken a bit longer.

Look at me for example. I've been doing this just under a year and I'm only on 170 subscribers. Though I'm confident that number will keep growing. I think it's a waiting game

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
in March 2016 I will have had my channel for 4 years. I didn't start really trying until the beginning of this year. I'm at 89 subs after how ever long. I'm getting there though, very, very slowly.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I don't think the rate at which a person grows matters all that much. A person can get thousands of views and 100s subscribers, in a few days and still from my perspective may not be doing as well as someone who gains far less.

To me what matters more is having fun, and getting those viewers who become part of your community. Where you see them frequently on your videos enough times that you actually begin to get to know them. One of those kind of viewers, is worth so much more than big numbers.

So, honestly, I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just have fun and continue what you are doing. Also don't always expect what happened with your one video to happen with others. It's better to assume it was an oddity and that it wont happen again. It could, but expecting it .. will only get you down when it doesn't.

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I don't think the rate at which a person grows matters all that much. A person can get thousands of views and 100s subscribers, in a few days and still from my perspective may not be doing as well as someone who gains far less.

To me what matters more is having fun, and getting those viewers who become part of your community. Where you see them frequently on your videos enough times that you actually begin to get to know them. One of those kind of viewers, is worth so much more than big numbers.

So, honestly, I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just have fun and continue what you are doing. Also don't always expect what happened with your one video to happen with others. It's better to assume it was an oddity and that it wont happen again. It could, but expecting it .. will only get you down when it doesn't.

I can agree with the type of viewers that you mentioned, ones that you get to see them so frequently. I do have some and I am thankful for that.

Anthomnia

Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
I've been doing youtube for about 3 months faithfully, One or two videos a day and i'm just cresting to 800 subs, Though i've easily put 1500-2000 into upgrades for my PC along with my new microphone setup.