Astro A40 headset

BatchGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2015
YouTube
BatchGaming
Bought the headset in the black friday deals at Argos (UK store) and found everything I use them for my videos and streams, the microphone quality has been awful as sounds so muffled.

I thought it was because I had the microphone too close to my mouth but placed it as far away as possible without losing voice sound and still ended up the same. Go visit my latest videos on my channel by clicking the link in the sig to see for yourself.

Today, I took them back despite trying all possible solutions and got the PlayStation Wireless Headset 2.0. Can't wait to try out these and see the difference. I have heard so much good feedback on these ranging from the sound quality to the microphone being crystal clear.

Anyone else here had the same issues and had to take the Astros back? Who has the PlayStation Wireless Headset 2.0 and what are your experiences?

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
Unfortunately, most gaming headsets have rubbish microphone audio.
I used to use a Logitech G930 headset, and you can hear how bad it is in my earlier videos.
If you're playing on a console I really don't know what your options are, but if you play on a PC, a dedicated microphone with separate headphones is the way to go.

Reactions: BatchGaming

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
From what I now the mics are always the best , its more just about the audio quality from the headphones , but sometimes I have heard you need a certain plug in for the controller to make the mic sound better but not sure if its the same for the a40s