Are Intro's really necessary with youtube now?

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
10 second word intros are way too common now. If it stands out, and makes people remember you, I'd have an intro. Shorter works better. It can hurt you more if you have an uninteresting introduction. If you waste a person's time, they might not return again for a long time.
Thats the thing like personally I would like to use an intro but most viewers hate intros now because its really over done.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thats the thing like personally I would like to use an intro but most viewers hate intros now because its really over done.
It depends, seeing the same intro over and over can get old if it takes too long. Taking a unique approach can work out well finding a graphic editor. More often than not, if something is mainstream, it'll be hard to get noticed still, and people can get turned off since everyone else does it too.

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
I always skip ahead to get away from the intro's, as most channels have a rather annoying music that I don't like, or it's so loud it'd break my ears. Also you'll get bored of it after a while, I recommend putting 5-10 seconds of your best clip from the video in the beginning instead.

Tudi Kovin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
I never do intro in terms of that big graphical thing :p .. The only intro I got is "Hey guys, I'm Tudi, and welcome back to Let's Play [game title]".. Or simply "Hey guys, welcome back!".. But that's more like a greeting instead of an intro I guess ;)