Are drone videos really that exciting?

DisclosedGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Cambridge, England
YouTube
I've been a long time drone/quadcopter pilot, and recently got into aerial photography and video. Quite a few first person racing drone channels get great feedback, and their videos are pretty captivating, but I recently finished a video recorded with my DJI Phantom 3, and to me it feels pretty boring to watch. Maybe because I spent so long looking over the footage for some good shots that it all became repetitive to me, or just because slow-paced drone videos just aren't very interesting. What do you guys think?
Thanks

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I've been a long time drone/quadcopter pilot, and recently got into aerial photography and video. Quite a few first person racing drone channels get great feedback, and their videos are pretty captivating, but I recently finished a video recorded with my DJI Phantom 3, and to me it feels pretty boring to watch. Maybe because I spent so long looking over the footage for some good shots that it all became repetitive to me, or just because slow-paced drone videos just aren't very interesting. What do you guys think?
Thanks

I do believe drone videos are exciting when they are in great places and the cinematography is Done right. In yours you should've gotten closer down to the cliffs trying to avoid the bare grass as much as you can.