Anyone ever get tired of their favorite YouTuber?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Ever since I first discovered Markiplier back in the summer of 2013, I had been watching every video he uploaded, after watching every video he uploaded in the past, up until the summer of 2016. At the time, there were just a few series that I was no longer interested in. But I really pretty much stopped watching him in September.

I used to not mind the innuendos and jokes like that he used to say, but nowadays, I find that the jokes are just getting worse. They've gone a little more over the top than just mere innuendos, and I'm honestly not digging it. So I haven't been watching many of his videos nowadays. There are still some videos I will watch, but for the most part, I just can't get enjoyment out of the kind of humor he has resorted to.

Dec 7, 2016
YouTube
I used to really like miranda sings other channel where she is just herself. Now she just comes off as rather fake and unoriginal in my opinion. Maybe it is just me leaning toward more creative and original channels lately.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
After a while watching any YouTube you soon pick up on things you don't like or feel like they have gone stale. Sometimes its best to take a break from watching them or try someone new and come back to them - for example for me I really like watching Matthew Santoro however I feel like his videos are now just 'rinse and repeat' of other channels and have seen a lot of his items repeated across some videos.

When I took a slight break from his videos I discovered another channel I now like and regularly tune into (Joe Santagato) so things really worked out in the end :)

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I suppose nobody can help it, its in our nature to.get bored of things over time no matter what it is. Its always good to mix things up now and again. So yes i can believe anyone can become fed up of watching their fav youtubers everntually.

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
I have gotten tired of a few youtubers, ones who gained some fame and got immediately fake, putting on reactions and so on. If I wanted bad acting I could watch a B movie. Ironically it was markiplier I was thinking of when typing that, his scare reactions are so over the top and fake it just made me abandon him

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
I'm honestly getting tired of KSI's and Deji's videos
There comedy has gotten worse and Deji has basically just become a reaction channel.

RCC_Crew

New User
Apr 5, 2017
YouTube
Some of my favorite YouTubers started/are using "clickbaity" titles, and it's really started bothering me as of late.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Some of my favorite YouTubers started/are using "clickbaity" titles, and it's really started bothering me as of late.
Well a clickbaity title isn't bad per se, if it's misleading I take that on back though.

Personally I've cut down on the amount of time I spend watching YouTubers every day and therefor I'm not getting too bored of them anymore.

NitrogueYT

Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2016
Mars
YouTube
I'm honestly getting tired of PewDiePie's content. All he does is complain and his jokes aren't that funny anymore.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Only if they stop uploading or their content gets worse

For example I like iDubbbz less because now he's being forced to make family-friendly content for the sake of ad revenue.
I am not familiar with that YouTuber, but why is it such a bad thing to change how you do stuff so you can earn revenue? Not that I think people should have to just because of YouTube's decisions. But I don't see how it's bad.

MasterJPixel

Rising User
Mar 5, 2017
YouTube
masterjpixel1
I am not familiar with that YouTuber, but why is it such a bad thing to change how you do stuff so you can earn revenue? Not that I think people should have to just because of YouTube's decisions. But I don't see how it's bad.
He's basically a person with about 4 million subscribers that's kinda known for roasting other channels and ranting about bad projects on Kickstarter

C

Corpfox

The biggest problem for me is when they go to a whole different game, I lose interest in watching their channel.

I used to watch Muselk but when he went to Overwatch, un-subbed. :(

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
The biggest problem for me is when they go to a whole different game, I lose interest in watching their channel.

Are you serious? Well then, you might as well stay away from my channel. I play lots of different games.

No offense, but that seems like kind of a dumb reason to unsubscribe from a channel. You don't really expect someone to play the same game forever, do you?

MATTERSGAME

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2014
YouTube
mattersgame
Ever since I first discovered Markiplier back in the summer of 2013, I had been watching every video he uploaded, after watching every video he uploaded in the past, up until the summer of 2016. At the time, there were just a few series that I was no longer interested in. But I really pretty much stopped watching him in September.

I used to not mind the innuendos and jokes like that he used to say, but nowadays, I find that the jokes are just getting worse. They've gone a little more over the top than just mere innuendos, and I'm honestly not digging it. So I haven't been watching many of his videos nowadays. There are still some videos I will watch, but for the most part, I just can't get enjoyment out of the kind of humor he has resorted to.
I might get blasted for this but I watch pewdiepie now lol I used to watch him back in 2012 then stopped but recently he's been one of my favorites. I did stop watching Mark as well. I only really watch his speech videos for inspiration.[DOUBLEPOST=1492439701][/DOUBLEPOST]

You must not watch game grumps or markiplier or jacksepticeye or any other gamer then lol[DOUBLEPOST=1492439840][/DOUBLEPOST]TBH though I did stop watching vanoss when he got rid of GTA and just started doing Gmod prop hunt. It's literally the same video every time

C

Corpfox

You must not watch game grumps or markiplier or jacksepticeye or any other gamer then lol

I like watching TheRunawayguys than Game Grumps. I'm not subbed to them but like their coop videos. Kripparrian plays different games and I'm fine with that. Just don't like when Youtubers change to a whole different game.

C

Corpfox

And how exactly do you define a different game compared to a WHOLE different game?

Someone who stops playing it, like Muselk. He went from TF2 to Overwatch, a whole different game. Game grumps play different games but they come back. Muselk has 1 TF2 video than 15 Overwatch videos. Same with Ster_. He had funny and great TF2 videos but went to Overwatch. I still like his Jerma vs Ster videos but oh well.